• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking in LEJ 640 Hybrid

MitchtheMitch

We've been all over the place researching the best machines for us to initially invest in. We've decided that we need a hybrid device to be able to print direct to board as well as do various roll-to-roll applications.

We've been proposed the Roland LEJ 640 Hybrid from a local distributor. I'd really appreciate some input into this device from actual users.

THANKS EVERYONE

greysquirrel

The Roland is not for a production environment...more niche...6" nip allows all sorts of substrates to be used...it's not fast...some have complained of excessive verticle banding...

there are some other options available as far a hybrids are concerned...

K

kristenpitts77

I would recommend searching the forums for the LEJ-640. There is one particular post that will sum things up on this machine.

MitchtheMitch

The Roland is not for a production environment...more niche...6" nip allows all sorts of substrates to be used...it's not fast...some have complained of excessive verticle banding...

there are some other options available as far a hybrids are concerned...

What other machines would you recommend? We're marketing related printing - so high quality and consistency are major factors. Speed is not a huge factor since we'll be starting off with a limited amount of work, but would love a machine we could grow with.

HP Scitex 550?
Acuity LED 1600?

greysquirrel

The 550 is a gret flatbed...I have first hand experience with it. I would not say this it does anything great...it does however do a lot of things really well. There are FLATBEDS that offer a higher resolution...but the 550is just user friendly.
I have used the Oce which is a Fuji flatbed...

you need to go and kick the tires...H will send you to Atlanta if buying direct...worthwhile trip.