• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking into buying an Edge II...

STSMotorsports

Hello,
I am looking into buying a used Gerber Edge II and Envision cutter with the software and foils. I do a lot of vending in New England at various motocross races and was thinking this might be the perfect outfit for mobile printing. A friend of mine is looking to get rid of the printer/cutter/software and foils for $5000. I don't know if this is a good price for everything or a total rip off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Steve Winiarz

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The price seems very reasonable. An issue to keep in mind is that you must have a means of protecting the Edge printhead whenever you move the printer. You would need to create some sort of custom cushioning device because the factory shipping clamps are a total PITA to put in and take out.

STSMotorsports

Okay awesome, I'm not familiar with the printer but as soon as I see it I will probably know what you are talking about. Thank you!

VinylSticks

The biggest thing with the Gerber Edge, when buying used, is to make sure there are no blown pixels in the print head. If there are any lines in the prints, the print head will need replaced and that alone is $3,000. I've been working with 3 Gerber Edges since 1999, and all 3 of them have had to have the print head replaced. If the Edge prints good, then that is a very fair price. Especially if it comes with Gerber Omega pc software.