• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking into CNCs for 20k or under.

CC-CMYK

Does anyone have any advice on a 4x8 CNC that’s under 20k. I’m looking into Avid. However, it would be nice if I could find a machine that could be upgraded to have a registration mark camera.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

fixtureman

20k is a low price hobby machine now, Yoy may be able to get something from China for that but even the Chinese machines a little higher.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
$20k machine will not be appropriate for profitable sign production. To compete you will need to make a lot of signs, buy and warehouse truckloads of materials, have a vacuum and air cleaning system (the dust from wood and foam is toxic), have an acrylic polyurethane painting system and ventilated spray booth (check you codes), shipping department and contracts with several forwarding companies, lots of climate controlled space, and a ton of employees, managers, administrative and sales help and everything else needed to run a production business.
I would recommend outsourcing production until you are doing at least $.5M/year exclusively in dimensional signs (unless this is a hobby and you just enjoy doing this).