• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking to buy a new laminator

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
have you done any mounting to Alupanel sheets or coroplast with your Kayla Mistral? if so, any issues?
I have not. It has that capability - but our old laminator which is a Royal Soverign works great for mounting - and we aren't afraid to mess that one up with strong substrates because it's so old. It's pretty much dedicated to mounting and taping these days - so we have not had the need to use the Kayla for mounting..

zspace

Premium Subscriber
My finishing department loves the Kala for roll to roll. Mounting is a different story, they prefer our old seal for the larger tables and heavier construction.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
I have not. It has that capability - but our old laminator which is a Royal Soverign works great for mounting - and we aren't afraid to mess that one up with strong substrates because it's so old. It's pretty much dedicated to mounting and taping these days - so we have not had the need to use the Kayla for mounting..
if you had a choice between the Kala and the Royal Sovereign C 6500H lam , which would you go with and why?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
if you had a choice between the Kala and the Royal Sovereign C 6500H lam , which would you go with and why?
That is a very good question. The Royal Sovereign C 6500H is much newer and nicer than our old Royal Sovereign. I love the Kayla - but not having tried this newer model of RS I really couldn't say. is the pricing comparable between the two?

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
That is a very good question. The Royal Sovereign C 6500H is much newer and nicer than our old Royal Sovereign. I love the Kayla - but not having tried this newer model of RS I really couldn't say. is the pricing comparable between the two?
yes the pricing is similar. RS is actually a little cheaper.