Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions looking to buy a new laminator

Discussion in 'Laminators' started by dasigndr, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    The OP might, he's looking;)

2. have you done any mounting to Alupanel sheets or coroplast with your Kayla Mistral? if so, any issues?

3. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I have not. It has that capability - but our old laminator which is a Royal Soverign works great for mounting - and we aren't afraid to mess that one up with strong substrates because it's so old. It's pretty much dedicated to mounting and taping these days - so we have not had the need to use the Kayla for mounting..

4. zspace

zspace Merchant Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    My finishing department loves the Kala for roll to roll. Mounting is a different story, they prefer our old seal for the larger tables and heavier construction.

5. if you had a choice between the Kala and the Royal Sovereign C 6500H lam , which would you go with and why?

6. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    That is a very good question. The Royal Sovereign C 6500H is much newer and nicer than our old Royal Sovereign. I love the Kayla - but not having tried this newer model of RS I really couldn't say. is the pricing comparable between the two?

7. yes the pricing is similar. RS is actually a little cheaper.

8. would really appreciate more feedback on this!!! Looking to make a decision very soon.