• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy a new printer - MM's please view

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Looking to purchase a new printer to replace an old one out of part service.

We're looking for a HP Latex 560, 60".

Best price we've gotten is $15000 and change -
Can anyone beat this price?

Please message if able.

equippaint

I thought someone said that the prices are set in stone on the latex printers but they can make other concessions?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
They are priced locked, no one can offer anything better or worse. Some dealers out there do shady things and trick the system, those companies are all about moving boxes at the end of the day. If you are looking for good support and a real partnership between you and your vendor, you will end up paying MRP but you will save plenty in the long run. I don't think anyone in this industry supports Latex technology more than I do. People can beat my price by cheating, but beating my service will be a tough challenge.

Robert Gruner

JT,

Beware of deal deals! As noted by other posters, HP controls price points on Latex printers. The $15K price quote for a Latex 560 is about $2K lower than HP price point for that printer. Check with your reseller as they could possibly meet that price point with a DEMO unit. HP require authorized resellers to INSTALL (and charge a minimum $ amount for installation). There are several authorized latex resellers in Florida. I am sure you will find a reputable reseller in your area. You will love the Latex 560! It is a great printer.

Bob

ikarasu

I got a free set of inks and free installation when I purchased my latex 110 for my place. Canadian rules may be different though.

For our 560 we paid for ink and installation, But we got a rebate on our old printer.

You may be able to save a couple hundred here or there going with a different company... But it's not worth it. We buy all our equipment from a certain vendor, just because we like their service rep. Another vendor we use for media knew we were getting a new printer and tried to sweeten the deal... Would have saved us around 2k, but we told them no.

For us... The most important thing is service. Would you buy a Lamborghini and then bring it to a Walmart repair center because they're the only ones who can service it?

Buy whatever machine has good support in your area. Latex vs solvent... They both have their pros and cons. But none of them out weight having to wait a week or two for a tech to come fix your machine.

I don't know what reps are good in USA. While grimco seems to be the best in Canada, I've generally heard bad things about them over there. All I know is bigfish is very respected on here and is a Latex guru. He didn't even sell us our machine and he's helped me with media selections and other latex questions. You can't go wrong with him, if you choose the latex route.

Reveal1

The need to get the absolute lowest price has become an obsession in our culture. I admit I fall into that trap occasionally. I believe that results in ultimately lower quality and support for what we buy. For most businesses this is going to be a key piece of capital equipment depreciated over 5-7 years and will pay ROI many times its purchase price. Sure you want to have due diligence to be sure you are getting a competitive price, but maybe the time and effort would be better spent on activities that support the long term health of your business. Also, I recall from my sales management days studies that documented that personalities who are most focused on price shopping also have the most problem asking and getting higher prices for what THEY sell.

rjssigns

Ikarasu hit it on the head. Buy from a place that has good service even if it costs more. I'm getting quotes from a dealer with certified tech that's within a half hour of my shop.

iceon

Lexjet our of Sarasota gave me the best price on my 310 years ago. I’ve since bought a lot of rolls of vinyl off them. Very good price on HP adhesive back.