• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy flatbed with clear/white capability and 4in thickness capability.

Brent MacGillis

Hello Signs101,

I'm looking for a flatbed that can print on rigid media up to 4in thick. I'm pretty sure I've seen them around even though the usual is 2in. I also need it to print white and clear ink. Price is not an issue. Thanks!

Molenbeek

the printer you are after is the CET. They have the Xpress 500/1000 or Q series. Available in 4x8 or 5x10 tables, and can print up to 4". They have inks for white and clear as well!

Brent MacGillis

Thank you

the printer you are after is the CET. They have the Xpress 500/1000 or Q series. Available in 4x8 or 5x10 tables, and can print up to 4". They have inks for white and clear as well!

This is exactly what I was thinking about I just couldn't remember the manufacturer or if there were others that could handle 4in. Thank you very much for your quick response.

CS-SignSupply

Its a long haul but I would recommend visiting my office, or another Flora Dealer, and seeing the Flora 4'x8' with both White and Clear installed and in action.

4" Thickness, no problem. White, no problem. Clear, just make sure you have a very clean environment with air filtration as dust particles are difficult to prevent when printing multiple passes of clear and then a UV Lamp
pass to cure.

The Flora can be customized and configured with up to 16 heads as well as format of 4'x8' or 6'x10'. Roll to Roll Option on the 4'x8' also available. 12 Month warranty including Parts and Labor. Includes Flexi RIP Software with option to run Caldera on Linux.

Brent MacGillis

CET thickness capabilities...

After some research I found that CET only advertises 2.25in media thickness as their max. I do remember seeing that they supported 4in somewhere. Did they stop advertising it because it's not commonly asked for or will CET customize the printer for you? I've also heard that CET will do custom modifications and work with you to build a machine that will meet your requirements.

Nameci

Up to 2.5" thick for the Hybrid and up to 4" thick for the true flatbed for CET UV Printers. I would recommend for you to contact CET's dealer (Advantage) and arrange for a demo. Might have some already here lurking. So you can see the printer "on the flesh" and see it print, real world scenario not showroom controlled environment.

Molenbeek

They are correct. The true gantry style flatbeds, in the Xpress 500, Xpress 1000 and the Q can print up to 4" thick while the Hybrid models of the Xpress 500H and the Xpress 1000HL can only print to 2.25".

I am from Advantage and the only national dealer for CET Color. If you are from Cleveland - get with Tom Moriarty. he is the local rep in that area and probably has one locally you can go check out.
877-237-4464 *1508 is Toms number

www.advantagesignsupply.com

aaronmgd

Hi, I am an owner of a cet printer with white ink. I would suggest you stay away from their printers. We bought ours with Advantage Sign as well and we have nothing but issues with their printer. Worst of all there is nobody at CET (besides maybe the techs, since they are the ones who are here so often) that seems to care much... My advice stay away. I personally know of 2 other companies that have major issues with their printers right now. Be carefull, do you research spend the extra bucks now on a better build and you wont regret it later... Good luck

10sacer

Since - if you search these forums - it is nearly impossible to find someone with a truly negative viewpoint about CET and their equipment - why don't you tell us the issues instead of just making a blanket statement with no details associated with the statement. I could say the same thing about Mercedes Benz - but if I don't tell you what my issues are - then why would you listen?

Hi, I am an owner of a cet printer with white ink. I would suggest you stay away from their printers. We bought ours with Advantage Sign as well and we have nothing but issues with their printer. Worst of all there is nobody at CET (besides maybe the techs, since they are the ones who are here so often) that seems to care much... My advice stay away. I personally know of 2 other companies that have major issues with their printers right now. Be carefull, do you research spend the extra bucks now on a better build and you wont regret it later... Good luck

aaronmgd

10sacer, this thread (link: http://www.signs101.com/forums/show...inter-Electrical-Issues&p=1126905#post1126905) was started by me tying to see if i am the only one out there with problems with our cet printer. CET has been telling us that they cant understand whats wrong with the printer since nobody else has similar problems to our. after starting this thread yesterday i get private messages and public post on the thread about companies experiencing similar or worse issues than ours.