• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to buy new printer opinions?

StarSign

We are looking to add to our fleet, right now running a HP 25500 60" not looking to go much wider as of now but would like to hear what everyone else is using, so we can get some good feedback.

AylmerSigns

I was in the same position a few days ago, looking into a new printer, due to (imaginary) problems with my current Roland.

Quite honestly, I have read a lot about many brands, and got a lot of feedback from quite a lot of users. I must admit that although I have only had a single printing, I'm pretty much sold to Roland. I'm currently running a VP540, and am very satisfied with it.

What impresses me most, is cost of running the machine, and the quality of their builds. Also, I'm amazed on how many people use Roland, which is always handy, whenever you require assistance: no need to pay big dollars for tech support, due to the amount of people, ready to give you advice, tips and tricks, on this wonderful forum!

rjssigns

Since you already have a L25500 maybe find a used unit. You apparently like what you have, know how to run it and have working profiles. Why reinvent the wheel? And worse case you cannibalize one to keep the other going. Redundancy is a good thing.

spudstr

We have a HP 26500... after 4 months of mechanical issues and finally getting everything resolved.. it works great!

Robert M

New printer

Why not add a printer cutter if you already have a print only and are looking to expand

SpeediGary

Printer

We use a Roland VP-540 and we LOVE it! Been running it for almost 6 years and have only had 1 problem. We had to replace the black print head last year. Other than that works flawlessly. The print and cut alignment has always been dead on and the print quality is amazing. I would highly recommend a Roland to anyone.

neil_se

I've used Rolands for 6 years and still have 2 XC540s but love my L26500. It gets 75% of my printing volume as it can be used right off the printer, no vinyl tackiness or softness, no ink drop-outs, runs reliably unattended, prints on a wider range of media, and more.

My opinion is that if you're a small shop and only need 1 printer then get a Roland print-cut, if you need multiple printers then get HP Latex's + separate cutter.