• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to get a 55" cold laminator light weight

Morph1

Print all
Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone can suggest a good laminator, I am ready to buy new or used but the problem is I have to carry it into my basement lol , yes a home base business,
I was looking at seal laminators but they are over 500 lbs, next one I was looking at was Royal Sovereign which simple 55" cold is around or just over 300 LBS and I can manage that as the roland printer was around 260 lbs
and myself and two friends carry that one without a problem, so the 300 LBS should be fine but if there is any other brand anyone can recommend I would really appreciate any info on that.
thanks,

A.

player

You should hire a piano moving company to carry it into your basement for you. Pianos weigh 600-1000+ pounds...

A laminator needs to be solid and rigid. That will require steel, and that means it will also weigh more. The cheaper laminators use only the weight of the top roller to apply the pressure. So it needs to be heavy.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hi there, I am just wondering if anyone can suggest a good laminator, I am ready to buy new or used but the problem is I have to carry it into my basement lol , yes a home base business,
I was looking at seal laminators but they are over 500 lbs, next one I was looking at was Royal Sovereign which simple 55" cold is around or just over 300 LBS and I can manage that as the roland printer was around 260 lbs
and myself and two friends carry that one without a problem, so the 300 LBS should be fine but if there is any other brand anyone can recommend I would really appreciate any info on that.
thanks,

A.

The GFP 255C would be a great choice and its a great brand! The weight is in your wheel house also. I can send you pricing if your interested.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not sure if they've improved the quality of the laminators or not, but the Daige we used to have was super light.

http://daige.com/solo-cold-laminator/

I have 4 customers using this machine and it works great! They have improved the thickness adjustment to be one lever instead of 2 knobs on each side. This was the only flaw I saw in this machine and now that it is fixed, I would recommend this machine to anyone just starting up or even as a main shop laminator.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You didn't mention, so maybe it's not important, but how much room do you have in this basement of yours ?? A printer takes a certain amount of room to load and unload media, but most laminating will need a considerable amount of space both in front and in back for things like a 4 x 8 board or other substrates. If all you're gonna laminate is just vinyl, then probably not. Just food for thought.

Morph1

Print all
I have 4 customers using this machine and it works great! They have improved the thickness adjustment to be one lever instead of 2 knobs on each side. This was the only flaw I saw in this machine and now that it is fixed, I would recommend this machine to anyone just starting up or even as a main shop laminator.

that's great news , thank you ,
I am not planning on mounting anything just laminating vinyl and my room size is about 24ft x 24ft , it's a tight space but I have done a 4' x 10' faces in there lol and had no problems ...
I am currently selling my SP300V that's also in the room so right now it is a bit crowded, but once I sell my old equipment I will be comfortable...

JERHEMI

Buy whatever laminator you want then hire a moving company to get it in basement. Tell them to come with 4 guys and some straps. They're insured if something happens. You don't have to hurt your back or burden your friends to help you and hurt their back either.

Dennis422

Contacted Daige, still waiting for a reply, I am wondering what it will cost for the shipping and duty tax to get it here to Canada

Stay away from it. I heard terrible stories about Daige when I was looking for a laminator.
Ended up with USTech MVT500. Me and 2 of my friends took it down in my basement. I flight of stairs, straight down.
A little awkward to take down, but it can be done.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Personally I would stay away from USTech.
For me, I have one of their broken laminators and they don't respond/ don't know how to fix it, I don't know.
Purchased it new from their distributor.

TDFcustomSL

I have a USTech and when I'm ready to buy a new laminator I wouldn't hesitate to go to them for a new machine. After some initial issues with the speed control box blowing and replacing it a couple of times, Dave at ustech sent me a new motor which has fixed the issue. It has been going strong for going on 3 years. For the price its hard to beat. And Dave was very quick with trouble shooting and sending out replacement parts when I needed them. I guess everyone's experience will be different but I have read more good things about the us tech brand on here than I have read bad.

Morph1

Print all
RITE 55" Laminator,
has anyone used this laminator ? it looks exactly like the Royal Sovereign brand, simple 55" cold laminator,
any feedback would be appreciated.