• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to hire someone to draw this

Speedsterbeast

Is there someone who can redraw this for me?
Please PM me a quote if you can.
I assume there is a plug-in that is used for the ground metal look, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• !cid_954.jpg
    !cid_954.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 594

rjssigns

Photoshop Bevel and Emboss with Chisel Hard will do the lettering. Tracks would take some time in Illustrator.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I really don't like Photoshop's inner bevel effect when the bevel is put to the maximum all the way to the center of the letter stroke. It bowls out at any corner or join of a letter. It even does this on a letter style where all the line segments are straight (such as ITC Machine for example). The only way to make the effect look right is to build it up by hand, which is time consuming. You have to create a center line on all the letter strokes and then use snapping, welding and cutting to create all the objects of the bevel effect. Some typefaces, such as Industry Inc, have weights that create a proper prismatic, chiseled look. And then there's new SVG Color fonts like Trajan Color that not only have a prismatic, chiseled look, but also include all the gradients for a 3D effect.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
If you want the drawing vectorized, it could be done, but it would be a lot simpler with far better effect to create a new image. This is an amateur drawing and I would suggest not using it in a professional application.

neato

I really don't like Photoshop's inner bevel effect when the bevel is put to the maximum all the way to the center of the letter stroke. It bowls out at any corner or join of a letter. I

This is the way most CNC V carved letters look too, It makes me cringe every time I see it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I think the problem is current computer graphics software just doesn't know how to render a bevel effect over letter stroke corners and the joins of letter strokes. This goes for both 2D vector software like CorelDRAW and Illustrator as well as 3D modeling software. A number of abstract, aesthetic actions have to be made to deliver the desired result. Computers don't think subjectively like that.

I think it would be interesting if Adobe, Corel or a 3rd party plug-in developer developed a bevel effect where the user could apply the proper corner and join effects to bevels in a live manner. It wouldn't be a one click and you're done kind of thing. But it would be a lot less time consuming than the manual methods I use to build up correct looking primastic effects.