• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to Purchase a used FC7000-160

Pitchblack98

I have a chance to buy a used FC7000-160 for $750 from a sign shop that shut down. Is that a good deal for an older cutter that isn't supported anymore? Is there anything I should look for or check out on it? It hasn't been used in about 2 years and has been sitting in the back of their shop. It was working good before they upgraded, but it might be hard to test it completely. It's the last of what misc stuff they have left to get rid of. I'd like to hear some opinions on this machine.

I had a Roland ColorCamm pro that died a couple of years ago and was too expensive to fix. So I've been shopping around for a while now to find something that can at least cut. I do it basically as a hobby and for friends to make a little money on the side. It is a lot bigger than I really need and may try to resell it or possibly trade it for a smaller machine.

Logoadv

We run an fc7000 mk2-75 and an fc5100-150. They are old but very reliable. The FC5100 had an issue where it would randomly stop cutting after about 8 feet, like it had some hidden maximum page size setting (cutting directly from flexisign) but it was only happening on one job.
A quick ebay check makes me think that if it works, its a pretty great deal. Others are asking $3000 for functional, but cosmetically damaged (cracked plastic) units, or $950 for ones that don't even turn on!

Pitchblack98

Checked it out today and it seem to work great. They didn't have a computer to hook up to it and couldn't find any blades to put in it. So I just loaded some vinyl and ran a test cut from the machine. Everything looks like it ran like it should. Obviously it didn't actually cut the vinyl. I ended up buying it. I'll order some blades for it and get some software and see what happens. I have AutoCAD so I might draw up something there and export it out and cut it.

It is quite large and I'm sure I'll never use it for its full width. So I'll decide to keep it, sell it, or trade it for a smaller cutter after I run some cuts on it.