• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Looking to rebuild a 62" Falcon Outdoor

Rhinos Decals

I have tested the machine and found it to be dried out and clogged. I am looking for a REPUTABLE SOURCE for the DX2 print heads and also the bulk ink tubing to run new lines and anything else you all think I will need. And or course at a reasonable price. All suggestions, thoughts, and comments welcome... did I open a can of worms. lol. Thanks
s-l1600.jpg

chucksspeedshop

I have a 48" falcon sitting in the corner dried out. I had good luck buying through Aliexpress From China. You just have to look at the sellers ratings. I'm sure you will need new lines, heads, dampners, and capping station. I have a new capping station, but not sure if the 48 and 62" are the same. They were good printers back in the day, just really slow.

rjssigns

To the OP. You opened a can of worms. If you do manage to resurrect it you will have an ancient and slow rig. Gotta ask yourself if the time spent chasing parts and trying to get answers is really worth it.
Running printers are out there. You just have to look. I sold my SP540V for 2800 bucks. Fully functional and it included ink, media, cap tops, dampers, etc...
Member here was/is selling an Epson S40600 for 5 grand. That's half price for a great printer that is also fast.

KinseySign

We just rebuilt our Falcon Outdoor 2 last month and can say it was well worth the time for the return. Yes a Falcon may be a touch slow but it does great work if set right and is very very economical.

We purchased our heads from www.sidsignsusa.com, very affordable and good people to work with. Just know that when you do your own head installs without a Mutoh tech, you will not be able to return the head if there is a problem with it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those machines were bad even when they were brand new! If you value your sanity, don't do it. They haven't manufactured those heads for over 5 years either.