Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to rip the design apart

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by p3, Jul 26, 2011.

1. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    What do you guys think of this mock up? I was trying to keep it as simple as possible and not clutter it with what we offer cause its everything hobby related, from boats, trains, cars, trucks, rockets, yo-yos...everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    the flame is going the wrong way on the pass. side.

3. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    LOL, I knew someone was going to say that. the owner is very particular about the flame and where it lands on the hobbies and how it goes with the words. I'm going to get him to try to change it up...but ya...

4. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    No likey the secondary font on the rear

5. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    well.....I think it should be scrapped and the whole idea re-thought.

6. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Reason why?

7. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Fix the flame or better yet draw your own.
    The back should have a central motif flame not a sideways one.
    The secondary copy font looks kinda girly.
    Phone number is too low and would look better in black.
    Love.....Jill

8. tooth63

tooth63 Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I think it looks good except for the reasons already stated. Clean and simple!

9. SignBurst PCs

SignBurst PCs Very Active Member

I like the idea, but I agree with a few of the folks here. That particular flame is detracting from the design, not addidng to it and the flame on the passenger side looks wrong (directional). I would stick with a dark color (black) on the phone number and re-think the font below main copy.

10. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    Like he said, the flames and direction of the flames is part of their logo, and im pretty sure it wont fly if he tries to re-do them.

I think it looks good given the space and restrictions with the logo. I take it the owner does not want the wrap to extend up onto the topper? I think that'd do a lot toward balacing out the lines.

I agree with CheapVinylWrap about the tailgate font, though.

11. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    There was a thread the other day about how much input do you allow a customer to have ??

In this one, the flames must go the other way. I don't care if it's his logo and he has it everywhere else like that. It's 100% wrong going backwards like that on a vehicle. If he insists, tell him he has taste for chit and you'll do it, but you don't want anyone telling anyone else who did-done-doed it. It looks like a joke.

Like Jill said, on the back he should have a vertical flame. You can use the same color scheme, just make it look vehicular and not like a kid's coloring book.

12. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    VEHICLE NOT VINYL! We're not even using vinyl anymore since we switched to WET rice paper.

13. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Ya, I got the owner to let us change the direction of the flame, he is set on the font below the logo that says "leave your competition in the dirt" just because that has been part of his logo since 04. He is very stuck on this, we have tried modifying the flame to look a little bit more modern and some other things. He does notice little things, like where the flame lines up with the H on hobbies and small things he will catch. lol.

14. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I'm surprised!

I agree with Gino as well... I've turned down jobs where the client was demanding something that looked stupid. Didn't want my name associated with something awful looking.

Sorry "CheapVehicleWrap" :)

15. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I have no suggestions to offer since the owner already knows what he wants. I would not dare to try and change his mind.

16. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui

get the 50% deposit
    do the less stupid looking half (but redrawing custom flames would be better)

and then tell them you decided not to do the stupid half..

beats turning down the whole job :wink:

17. Kyle Blue

Kyle Blue Member

Feb 25, 2011
    I can't believe no one mentioned this yet but there are no spaces in a website name.

18. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    There are if you design your logo that way. All kinds of rules and regulations go out the window when creating your own artwork or logo. The only rule of the road is that you don't copy........ or use flames backwards.

19. dsmskyline

dsmskyline Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ

Its both a web address and the company name.

Visit the website and you will see its a company logo.

I know I personally wouldnt be to happy if someone I hired to do a job for me told he he "didnt like" my logo and that he should redesign or change it.

20. Kyle Blue

Kyle Blue Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Your right. I went to the website and that's his logo. Personally I would never put .com in any logo.