• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to rip the design apart

p3

What do you guys think of this mock up? I was trying to keep it as simple as possible and not clutter it with what we offer cause its everything hobby related, from boats, trains, cars, trucks, rockets, yo-yos...everything.

leftside1.jpg

rightside.jpg

back.jpg

p3

LOL, I knew someone was going to say that. the owner is very particular about the flame and where it lands on the hobbies and how it goes with the words. I'm going to get him to try to change it up...but ya...

Jillbeans

Fix the flame or better yet draw your own.
The back should have a central motif flame not a sideways one.
The secondary copy font looks kinda girly.
Phone number is too low and would look better in black.
Love.....Jill

SignBurst PCs

I like the idea, but I agree with a few of the folks here. That particular flame is detracting from the design, not addidng to it and the flame on the passenger side looks wrong (directional). I would stick with a dark color (black) on the phone number and re-think the font below main copy.

veloxgraphics

Like he said, the flames and direction of the flames is part of their logo, and im pretty sure it wont fly if he tries to re-do them.

I think it looks good given the space and restrictions with the logo. I take it the owner does not want the wrap to extend up onto the topper? I think that'd do a lot toward balacing out the lines.

I agree with CheapVinylWrap about the tailgate font, though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There was a thread the other day about how much input do you allow a customer to have ??

In this one, the flames must go the other way. I don't care if it's his logo and he has it everywhere else like that. It's 100% wrong going backwards like that on a vehicle. If he insists, tell him he has taste for chit and you'll do it, but you don't want anyone telling anyone else who did-done-doed it. It looks like a joke.

Like Jill said, on the back he should have a vertical flame. You can use the same color scheme, just make it look vehicular and not like a kid's coloring book.

CheapVehicleWrap

Like he said, the flames and direction of the flames is part of their logo, and im pretty sure it wont fly if he tries to re-do them.

I think it looks good given the space and restrictions with the logo.

I agree with CheapVinylWrap about the tailgate font, though.

VEHICLE NOT VINYL! We're not even using vinyl anymore since we switched to WET rice paper.

p3

Ya, I got the owner to let us change the direction of the flame, he is set on the font below the logo that says "leave your competition in the dirt" just because that has been part of his logo since 04. He is very stuck on this, we have tried modifying the flame to look a little bit more modern and some other things. He does notice little things, like where the flame lines up with the H on hobbies and small things he will catch. lol.

veloxgraphics

Ya, I got the owner to let us change the direction of the flame, he is set on the font below the logo that says "leave your competition in the dirt" just because that has been part of his logo since 04. He is very stuck on this, we have tried modifying the flame to look a little bit more modern and some other things. He does notice little things, like where the flame lines up with the H on hobbies and small things he will catch. lol.

I'm surprised!

I agree with Gino as well... I've turned down jobs where the client was demanding something that looked stupid. Didn't want my name associated with something awful looking.

Sorry "CheapVehicleWrap" :)

SignManiac

I have no suggestions to offer since the owner already knows what he wants. I would not dare to try and change his mind.

iSign

I'm surprised!

I agree with Gino as well... I've turned down jobs where the client was demanding something that looked stupid. Didn't want my name associated with something awful looking.

Sorry "CheapVehicleWrap" :)

get the 50% deposit
do the less stupid looking half (but redrawing custom flames would be better)

and then tell them you decided not to do the stupid half..

beats turning down the whole job :wink:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can't believe no one mentioned this yet but there are no spaces in a website name.

There are if you design your logo that way. All kinds of rules and regulations go out the window when creating your own artwork or logo. The only rule of the road is that you don't copy........ or use flames backwards.

dsmskyline

I can't believe no one mentioned this yet but there are no spaces in a website name.

Its both a web address and the company name.

Visit the website and you will see its a company logo.

I know I personally wouldnt be to happy if someone I hired to do a job for me told he he "didnt like" my logo and that he should redesign or change it.