• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to sell - HP Designjet L25500 - Any Ideas?

Ed Tapley IV

Our company recently upgraded to a new printer after our L25500 had an issue with the ink tubes leading into the Carriage leaking Cyan ink. I believe its a busted Tower where the print head goes over.

Fortunately we were able to buy the OEM Service Maintenance Kit One (CH956-67024) which includes: the Scan-axis motor, encoder strip and sensor, ink tubes assembly, trailing cable, belt and tension kit, carriage, line sensor, carriage PCA cover, and paper jam sensor.

It's been sitting for roughly a year, I myself tried to fix it without using any of the Maintenance Kit One parts, which still sits in the box when we ordered it. We ended up getting our new printer and just haven't had time to replace the tube system and other parts.

It DOES NOT PRINT at the moment. Just want that to be clear. It needs the new parts installed.

We are looking to sell the printer as a whole with the kit or maybe part it out.

Wanted to see if anyone on here has any suggestions or ideas.

I appreciate your time,
Thank you!
ET. IV

flyplainsdrifta

with the end of life announced and no solid companies making ink you may have a boat anchor in a few months. i would part it out if you can but theres not too many left in the field as far as i know. using sites like this you can probably find a few people to get rid of some of that. but id be willing to venture that itll be taking up space in your shop for a while.

MikePro

+1 that printer is dead in the water. dreading my 26500 being next on the chopping block.
print heads, ink sets, maintenance kits, service parts.... soon to be nonexistent.

Bly

We sold ours as soon as they announced end of life.
You probably have left your run a bit late for selling it.
Someone may take it off your hands for free though.

bannertime

Grimco has taken our old machines(mainly the board) as trade in. Even picked up* our old machines so we didn't have to mess with it!

*may not be available for everyone

Jo Hill

+1 that printer is dead in the water. dreading my 26500 being next on the chopping block.
print heads, ink sets, maintenance kits, service parts.... soon to be nonexistent.

Noob here. What kind of printers do not require he use of ink sets, maintenance kits, service parts?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Noob here. What kind of printers do not require he use of ink sets, maintenance kits, service parts?
None but manufacturers stop producing those items after an End of Life is announced. HP EOLd the 25500, 65500, and other latex machines this year meaning no parts, ink, or consumables are available first part for these.

C

ColoPrinthead

you're not going to sell that. I took a sledge hammer to 3 of mine 3 years ago
I wish I had had the energy for that, I just pulled any parts that might be useful on the 360 series and threw it in the trash.

C

ColoPrinthead

im fairly certain the l22550 isn't going to have any compatible parts for the 360
Pinch rollers. I wanted to pull the feed and take up motors but gave up and went back to doing my job.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I'd like to know if there's a generic print head cleaning/wiping cartdidge- the roll of paper one it parks on, when you switch it off.
We still have 30 of the L260 ink cartridges, so I'd like to get them used up... !

(and about a dozen L25500 ink cartridges & a few heads, too)

Ioan321

Printer
I'd like to know if there's a generic print head cleaning/wiping cartdidge- the roll of paper one it parks on, when you switch it off.
We still have 30 of the L260 ink cartridges, so I'd like to get them used up... !

Sell me some? :)

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Hi, I got your message. I'll reply properly by email with the age and colours; but I had a quick look and for the L25500, there are
10 unused, unopened, 789 cartridges of varying dates, mostly 2017,
and 6 heads, unopened, unused, dated mostly 2017, and 2018.
Plus we have 7 partly full cartridges in the machine., and another 25500 spare machine also, if you needed parts, eg the hard drive or motherboard etc.

We are in Australia, so postage might cost a bit. I'll have to work it out tomorrow, and I can photograph them for you.

DaveD

I'm getting ready to round file my L25500 that has been taking up space in the shop. If there are parts anyone needs or ink and heads please let me know. It would be nice to recoup some of the cost of the ink on the shelf.

jimboeejit

the l25500 printhead cleaning cassette is same as l26500...

just get a differ filter and ink drip funnel with the 792 (26500) version