• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking to Upgrade my Flatbed Printer

alienwraps

I currently have a 98" HP FB700 printer and Im looking to upgrade to something newer. There is nothing wrong with by FB700 just want newer technology, as I update my printers every 2-5 years. What flatbed printers can you recommend? I will be selling my FB700 so I will not be running multiple flatbeds, nor do I have the space for 2.

VISCOM

I currently have a 98" HP FB700 printer and Im looking to upgrade to something newer. There is nothing wrong with by FB700 just want newer technology, as I update my printers every 2-5 years. What flatbed printers can you recommend? I will be selling my FB700 so I will not be running multiple flatbeds, nor do I have the space for 2.
I would look at the VANGUARD VK300D - HS

parrott

The Vanguard is very impressive. Quality, speed, color and adhesion were all where they needed to be. I can only imagine their support is equally as good as Jim is a stand up guy. He's been in the industry a long time and you don't make it this far without doing right by your customers. Definitely throw their name in the hat.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I never heard of that brand, are they associated with a larger print company like Agfa, ect.?
Do you mind telling what the base price is for that printer?
It's a independent company with alot of Individuals from CET color who spun off a few years ago. The machine we ordered was normally $178,000 but we reconfigured it down and got a deal. Our machine should do a full 4x8 at quality mode 1200x1200 in about 2mins and with white or varnish in about 6mins.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Just got this email today with a bullet point of "Under 16,000 sq ft printed" Is this yours?
If it were my choice I'd look at these three printers in order of price.

Vanguard (I think this machine definitely has the speed and print quality but it's not as refined as far as appearance, software, and some quick features that I have had on my AGFA machines for years)
AGFA Mira (Roll Mode option)
Digitech TruFire (I don't think they have a roll mode)
SwissQ Print (Roll Mode Option)
upload_2020-1-6_11-7-59.png

parrott

I second the Digitech and SwissQ as well. We are in a similar situation and the Digitech, Swiss and Vanguard are all on our list. You can't go wrong with any of them, its just a matter of what best fits your business model. The Digitech is built like an absolute tank.

Robert Gruner

Have you been satisfied with HP performance on you FB700? If so, you should take a look at HP's Latex R2000 Printer.. I suspect you could get a pretty sweet deal from an HP Reseller for a trade in.

Bob

Christian @ 2CT Media

Just got this email today with a bullet point of "Under 16,000 sq ft printed" Is this yours?
If it were my choice I'd look at these three printers in order of price.

Vanguard (I think this machine definitely has the speed and print quality but it's not as refined as far as appearance, software, and some quick features that I have had on my AGFA machines for years)
AGFA Mira (Roll Mode option)
Digitech TruFire (I don't think they have a roll mode)
SwissQ Print (Roll Mode Option)
View attachment 144739
Yuppers, I just got it today too!

Graphic Realm

I second the Digitech and SwissQ as well. We are in a similar situation and the Digitech, Swiss and Vanguard are all on our list. You can't go wrong with any of them, its just a matter of what best fits your business model. The Digitech is built like an absolute tank.
Which make did you go with?