• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looks like a pretty neat little printer

phototec

Anyone know the selling price of the NEW Roland VersaUV LEF 12" Benchtop UV Flatbed Printer?

Looks like a pretty neat little printer.

[video=youtube;zYUPG8AG2Vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYUPG8AG2Vs[/video]

Attachments

• Roland VersaUV LEF 12 inch Benchtop UV Flatbed Printer.jpg
    Roland VersaUV LEF 12 inch Benchtop UV Flatbed Printer.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 89

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Besides the texture aspect and small promo printing aspect, wouldn't printed vinyl work better for all those other applications?

I can't imagine a unicorn printed on your iPad would help the resale value.

phototec

Besides the texture aspect and small promo printing aspect, wouldn't printed vinyl work better for all those other applications?

I can't imagine a unicorn printed on your iPad would help the resale value.

That's only one example, think out of the box, school mascot?

:smile:

Mosh

That would be a "PITA customer" magnet...every grandma in town would want a picture on something...

Pat Whatley

That's what I said about sublimation. Trade show guys kept pushing the point that you could do "one-off" coffee mugs and key chains and my boss was getting dollar signs in his eyes. All I could see was and endless stream of PITA customers and jobs taking up time we could have used doing bigger, more profitable jobs.

Plus, it's a Roland and Roland sucks.

Last edited:

wmshuman

That's what I said about sublimation. Trade show guys kept pushing the point that you could do "one-off" coffee mugs and key chains and my boss was getting dollar signs in his eyes. All I could see was and endless stream of PITA customers and jobs taking up time we could have used doing bigger, more profitable jobs.

We do medium format sublimation and I couldn't agree any more. I just love those jobs that take an hour to make only to get $30 out of it. I would much rather print a 4x8 banner that takes ten minutes to print and five minutes to hem and grommet, and not too mention make four times the money.

wmshuman

And who on this forum would be spend $30 grand on that thing??? You could buy a decent pad printer, a full small format sublimation setup and still save yourself $15 grand and be able to do everything this machine can (for the most part). Don't get me wrong, I like Roland Machines and have a couple myself but I would probably buy one of those 13"x24" flatbed printers that sign warehouse sells for somewhere around $13 grand before putting up that kind of money.

phototec

And who on this forum would be spend $30 grand on that thing??? You could buy a decent pad printer, a full small format sublimation setup and still save yourself $15 grand and be able to do everything this machine can (for the most part). Don't get me wrong, I like Roland Machines and have a couple myself but I would probably buy one of those 13"x24" flatbed printers that sign warehouse sells for somewhere around $13 grand before putting up that kind of money.

Yep, I have to honest, when I first saw it I thought it was somewhere between 10-15K, but 30K, no way, not for me...

:omg:

imrtstc

They just knocked the price down to 20K. They werent selling and are coming out with a bigger version. I opted to get the Mimaki UJF-3042HG. Aside from not printing on a curved surface, the thing rocks. With some creative thinking you can work around that.

Pat Whatley

I'm sure it will find it's place. There are enough niche markets out there that I'm sure somebody's eyes lit up with dollar signs when they saw it.

phototec

I opted to get the Mimaki UJF-3042HG. Aside from not printing on a curved surface, the thing rocks. With some creative thinking you can work around that.

Yep, someone is always thinking:

[video=youtube;k_OF_NU2YFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_OF_NU2YFk[/video]

:thumb: