• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Losing half the magenta color on left side

jaly723

So I am completely stumped on how to fix this. I print alot of wraps and after I print a panel and the head goes back and sits on the cap station I will lose half the magenta color on the far left side of a test draw. I have to do a normal cleaning everytime i print a panel to get a good full color test draw. I know how to go in service mode and adjust the parameters on the cap station to get a better seal, and I have changed the pump, dampers and cap station. The head is 6 months old. And I use all OEM parts. Any ideas on what I can do?

fabiocrummy

which model machine?
If JV33 replace cap.
Tekkie1:smile:

if the cap is new, you have to try to replace the entire cap station: cap slider + cap slider base

before to do this try to power off the printer, to dirt the capping with black ink and power on it again, then move the carriage on the left side of the printer and watch on the printhead plate, if the black line on the plate is not centered you have to do a cap adjust or change the entire cap station

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
It sounds like an ink starvation issue. I know you have replaced the damper but the far left damper area is most likely the issue. I would switch the 2 magenta dampers (far right and far left) and see if the problem switches sides on the test draw. If it doesn't then I would replace the o ring between the line and the connector above the damper (inside the brass piece).

If these don't work you may have an issue with connector on the manifold on the head.