• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost files in corelx3

shuv76

For some odd reason when my corelx3 opens up and i hit the open button to see my files they are all gone and I found them over in a documents folder. I have no idea how to get them back.
Now i have to go to documents folder and then click on file and then open with the corel program. any ideas what might have gone wrong? thanks ,,Paul

Last edited:

installator

You might want to try save as and have it leave it on your desk top or in a folder on your desk top or in coustermer files folder.We also run corelx3 but we havent had that type of problem.Hope i have helped you.

noah

shuv76

When I do a file and then go to save in corelx3 ,,,,,,at the top where it is showing the folder, it is completely different than it use to be. it now shows documents and i have to save it in documents , then when i open up corel , i can not just open the folder i want , i have to go to owner then documents ,then click on the file I want and then click on open with and then I have to click on corel. I am going crazy!!!!!

RebeckaR

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly what the problem is, but can't you just use the dropdown menu and select the folder where you want to save the file?

Usually Corel will automatically open the last folder that you saved to, so that's why it keeps opening the Document folder.

shuv76

I think you are right . Some how the files got switched to documents when they use to be in corel user files. Thanks for your help.

sarge

Please dont take this wrong .. what i am saying is suppose to be helpful .. if i am reading this correctly i think your having file management problems .. if you right click on the start buttom you will see explore .. dont confuse this with windows explorer .. this is a file management tool .. once you learned it, if have not already you will kick yourself in the butt for not doing so a long time ago .. it is kinda like my computer .. it is a tool that was used for file management back in the windows 3.0 days .. if you need to figure it out try to google it and see what you can find .. still having issues let me know and i will see what i can do to stear you in the right direction .. establish a folder with different files in it and have corel dump those things in them .. you can set up corel draw to do that