• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost half of the magenta

JgS

After a powerful cleaning I lost half of my magenta. My gut tells me the line is clogged. but I thought I would ask first. What is the best way to fix this?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 53

MikePro

ink supply issue.
*check to make sure the ink cartridge itself actually has ink in it. (its wierd, but I've had it happen before...my jv3 registered 3/10 level but cartridge was bone-dry)

could be air in ink line, bad connection between lines>damper>printhead or a cracked manifold (plastic part of printhead that attaches to damper. messing with the dampers sometimes results in this)

....or you simply could have a bad ribbon cable connection. power-down, discharge power, and try to remove/reinsert cables related to that channel.

JgS

I think you are right on the connections. A light cleaning brought back some of the jets and than a powerful cleaning took them all away again.