• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost my spot colors!!!

meltsner

Hi folks -
I was trying to edit my Summa color palette the other day, add some colors, etc., and I clicked on the option "Show color name" (a menu option when right clicking on a color). Soon as I disabled it, the palette disappeared! Out of curiosity :)doh:) I tried it on Corel's standard palette as well. Same thing, poof, it was out of there.

I eventually finally got them both back, but now Summa's palette shows the little dot in the corner as usual (to indicate a spot color), but upon applying it to an object, it now no longer shows the spot name, but instead the CMYK value, and no color is applied (it's clear). To make it a spot color, I have to double click on the color on the bottom (whether outline or fill), and just have to click OK, and it changes to spot color.

I am confused here, what have I done or what can I do to get them "back"?
Thanks!

kirkbedtelyon

I think this issue is being visited in the first service patch for X5 which is supposed to be released sometime this summer.

Many are hoping this service patch is released soon.

meltsner

Ahhh.... thanks! But I just now noticed I forgot to mention that I'm using CD X4 (duh, sorry!!). I never did figure out how to exactly fix the problem, but I did fix it by just redownloading Summa's palette, and reinstalling it. Voila!

Oh, and by the way, the one I downloaded is more recent than the one I had. It now includes about 3 new spot colors (matte gold, silver, etc.) and maybe some others, can't remember.