• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LOST our Flexi Expert CD, any help out there?

greg nokes

Hello I have a small 2 man sign shop in Everett, Wa 98204. We have been running an old copy of Flexi Sign Expert 6 or 8 maybe? It was one of the last releases that came with the printer port HASP device. I remember when we bought the software Windows 2000 just came out and not long we upgraded our computer and had to get a USB version of the HASP device as well as special drivers for Windows XP when that came out as well. That computer lasted for well over a decade but just recently we had to upgrade the hard drive and found the Flexi installation CD has disappeared. I still have the fonts CD and Summa plotter drivers disk as well as the HASP security key we just need a copy of the disk.

If anyone has a complete copy of Flexi Sign and HASP security device for sale please let me know. Even if you don't want to sell yours but can just burn me a backup copy of your Flexi Expert 6 disk we could install from and use our own licensed install user key / password and HASP device would be great to get us up and running for now until we can save and plan to upgrade later to a new edition of Flexi. Any help that can get us up and running for now would be greatly appreciated. I have already spoke with ScanVec Amiable or SAi as they call themselves now who said they can't offer us any support besides an expensive upgrade we can't afford at this time so they said it's up to me to find a solution like another disk we can install from. Since they no longer support these old editions of Flexi with drivers and tech support they don't really care what we do whether borrow a CD to install from or what. Thanks for taking time to view this post.

Cyclynn

I took the plunge and went with the subscription when it was time to upgrade. I dove in head first because, much to my dismay, Flexi stopped upgrading for Macintosh, which I prefer. So, I bought new PCs and the subscription service - lots of new features with it that are good, plus it upgrades as needed so you never buy an upgrade.

On another note... I am in Colville, Washington. Have you ever thought about living in a recreation paradise while you run your sign shop? :) I'm a small sign shop, but I need to stop, and I'd love to sell it to someone who can take it higher - I just don't have the energy. I've been doing this for 20 years now.

greg nokes

You and me both, I started my shop in 1996 and as i get older I find myself wanting to slow down and not as hungry to grow. This is why I am really not interested in buying new expensive software I have to learn all over again and paying for features I don't need or use. My edition of flexi has been great all these years and performed as need when needed. I don't like the idea of a subscription where I am on an endless hook for fees that will never end in owning anything. If I ever cancel the subscription then that means no more making graphics at all even if just messing around.

Cyclynn

Yep... I hear you! I have struggled with the ideas of purchasing a digital printer (to satisfy the market) or a CNC router (to make me happy about coming to work), but can't see having the energy to learn new things and maintain more stuff. Time to reduce 'stuff'. Can you send me an email at colvillesign@plix.com. I might be able to help you out.