• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lot Markers

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You guys have any ideas of "lot marker" signs? It's for a sub-division out in the county. They don't want yard signs. He sent me the below photo as a sample... it's just a wood stake with spray painted number. I don't really want to cut a bunch of small wood stakes. Any ideas would be helpful

lotmarker.jpg

signage

send them to your favorite sign co 365 have them make them out of Aluminum and cut to shape! Or your other favorite store HD and get pre-made stakes and attach aluminum. Or have the developers contract make the stakes and paint the numbers. So many ways to accomplish this.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
send them to your favorite sign co 365 have them make them out of Aluminum and cut to shape! Or your other favorite store HD and get pre-made stakes and attach aluminum. Or have the developers contract make the stakes and paint the numbers. So many ways to accomplish this.

See, those stakes at HD are too thin but I like the idea of just attaching aluminum. Sounds cheap and easy, thank you

Johnny Best

They have 1x2 wooden stakes with one sharp end at home depot, buy in bundles. Get a swallow pan pour in white primer and dip stakes in and let dry. then stencil mark them. Some black spray paint, stencils.
They are in the construction area where concrete products (wire mesh, rebar, etc.) are.

mfatty500

Go to a concrete supply house and get your stakes there, they should have 2' & 3', cheap, made of cottonwood

unclebun

Menards is way bigger than a Lowes or a Home Depot. We have all three in our town of 3500. And they sell groceries at Menards too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'd offer a premium option in addition to what they're asking for. Have someone route or waterjet some .375" aluminum with a stencil type font. Make it 3' long with a pointed end to drive into the ground. They'll last forever (or until someone let's their grass grow way too high and runs it over...)

I offered nice metal signs but that wasn't his budget. Cheap n easy on this project.

I installed three 5'x8' signs yesterday around the property. They were clearing trees and one of their guys already knocked down a sign... didn't even last 24-hours.