• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Low Pricing

Mosh

It seems that is a common topic on here. "oh I got out priced" "ah there is no way they can do it that low" "Pricing like that they will be out of business in a year".

Here is the Mosh's take, king of the lowballers....
Banners, first off they are the king of the cheap, customers looking for the cheapest thing are asking for ...A BANNER meant to last a week!!!

Second cheapest Magnetics....DUH, they are CHEAP meant to last a week or two....

Third CHEAPEST 100 yard signs for $99.....they is goin' to leave em at the job site....

Seriously, any dip-wad with a cricut could make any of these signs, why would any REAL SIGN SHOP worry about losing these customers?

When I started out I made most signs out of redwood and cut and carved all the letters, painted and it was like an art. Now it is Bang Bang make it and forget it....I can't remeber the last time I make a nice carved sign. It is just a "sign" of the times....bang out stuff is what sells unless you have a niche market or are doing pylons and store-fronts.

Key is some dip can get a cri-cut or one of those new 20" Roland Desktop ECO-SOL printers and sit in his basement with NO OVERHEAD and take away lots of work.

How to combat this? Sales....Display rooms...Service...They will get us on price every time. The Key to me it to offer stuff they can't do, but there again you are still going to lose the "i need a banner" crowd"

For instance I just did some custom cut Aluminum letters and then welded up on a 2" return that I rolled to a radius for a customer, $5K job..... next they needed a 3x8 banner I told them $80, they ended up getting it online for $60 (it was a pixeley mess that I saw) There is no loyalty for some.

game trail pis to come. I think I just saw a BF....

Malkin

That was a very reasonable, well though out post there Mosh.

Well, except for that last bit...

Pat Whatley

You can tell harvest season is over....Mosh is back on the sauce. Won't be long before we get another "butt naked in a cornfield looking for turkeys when the aliens came" story.