• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lowball jobs...

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
FINALLY! it happen to me!

somebody is installing 4 15"x 40" wide white decals on glass, AND cleaning the old lettering off the windows for 180 bucks!
......did i mention a ladder is also involved?

i explained to the customer that i am driving three towns over, design time, had to purchase a font, etc. and she is crying why is my price "double"
the other shop is right down the street. Actually i googled the other shop. it looks like a shed. a parking lot shed. jesus.

i told her to "show us the pooch" (invoice from 2008) and i can see exactly what you paid for. she claims she can't find it and is shocked "i don't trust her"
Either way, i am NOT doing that job that cheap.
I realized that "lowballers" do nothing but cheapen our profession. sigh.
:omg:
-Mosher

Marlene

i told her to "show us the pooch" (invoice from 2008) and i can see exactly what you paid for. she claims she can't find it and is shocked "i don't trust her"
Either way, i am NOT doing that job that cheap.
I realized that "lowballers" do nothing but cheapen our profession. sigh.

she had the job done back in 2008? not sure I get this. is she having it re-done?

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
lowball

yup. she does not like the current design. she wants to update the store. i actually did the main sign up top. why she didnt have me do the windows at the same time is beyond me..
-Mosher

Stanton

She probably has dirt under her fingernails.

Don't waste time on this. It happens.

Give her half a dozen of your cards and tell her to call you
when needs a professional.

Never leave artwork in her hands for later approval. :smile:

player

She probably has dirt under her fingernails.

Don't waste time on this. It happens.

Give her half a dozen of your cards and tell her to call you
when needs a professional.

Never leave artwork in her hands for later approval. :smile:

How can you tactfully pry the art from their hands? What do you say when they want to show it to the wife, think about it etc?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It happens. Kiss it Good-Bye, thank them for their interest and tell them next time they need something to give ya a holler again.

The most profit you're gonna make on this is to find out you have some cahoonies and you don't give any artwork away for nothing/nada/zilch, no reason whatsoever. Also, you don't need their kinda crap.

Learn from it and walk. You might wanna politely ask her how she feels on using your artwork for passing around and tell her you didn't think she/he would do such an unethical thing. Then just let it go.

Stanton

How can you tactfully pry the art from their hands? What do you say when they want to show it to the wife, think about it etc?

You grasp the artwork and maintain a firm positive pull
until they relinquish control.

Offer it back contingent upon a deposit on the project.

Their inability to commit is their problem.

Tactfully ask if you should be speaking with the wife or nephew instead?

Never hand over the launch codes.
That never puts you in a strong negotiation position.

Stanton

How can you tactfully pry the art from their hands?

Glance at your watch.
(I'm really old. I wear a watch. It's an analog thing.)

Grab the art and head for the door.
It buys you four minutes of final take-it-or-leave-it time.

And I am not even a sales person. I do design-for-build.

neil_se

My pricing would be around $350. I'd simply explain that you couldn't possibly use high quality materials and dedicate enough time to develop an effective design for that price.