Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lowballers R US!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by showcase 66, Aug 30, 2011.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Tags:
  2. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I wish we had one of those around here so I could send em somewhere.

3. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Not much different than sign people trying to be in the business card and web design businesses.

4. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Wow, this guy is pushing his vista print account hard.

Guys like this are what give brokers a bad name.

5. James Chrimes

James Chrimes Very Active Member

Jul 4, 2005
    NEWPORT NH
    They can beat the price, but they can't beat a good design. That is some ugly s**t.

6. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    OK, I'll bite. I don't think business cards aren't far off from signs, or any printed promotional items when you have the experience designing them. But web design would be an absolute no no unless you're Dan.

7. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

usually when i get a client who i DESIGN his vehicle/board sign.........I SUGGEST that he let me make up the design for his BUSINESS CARD to match the other visuals for his company. NOW......i dont get into the PRINTING end of em.......i give them art work they can take to a printer...

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    every ad has "starting at" $x.xx
    leads me to believe, they're just advertising a low price. design extra, of course.

9. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    That is what I compete against here that kind of pricing, and for the past 25 years.

10. Sign-Man Signs

Sign-Man Signs Member

Oct 5, 2010
    If they're using Vista Print good luck. They have just changed thier "whole seller" program and now it cost you about $150.00 buck a year. Still same ole chit with them. 250 business card fro FREE! Catch, you get them 21 days later at a freight cost of $14.00 dollars and a $10.00 upgrade if you want gloss. Oh yea, there's a $25.00 dollars upload free for using any picture or design. They are also offering magnetic s and t shirt and banners. At nominal fee of course. They're also running ads on t.v. now. Sorta reminds me of the Cricket Vinyl Cutter. Just wonder how long they'll last.

11. Tony Q's Kidd

Tony Q's Kidd Member

Aug 29, 2011
    got bag signs around here "SIGNS STARTING AT $1.50"
    Love these Jimmy sign shops

12. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    If you have customers shopping for signs on craigslist, I suggest you find some better clientele.