• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lowe’s Toolbox for Education

TheSnowman

Anyone done any work for schools that got this grant? I just got asked to donate some signs to my old Jr. High and they got a grant from them. I've searched all over their sites, and I must be blind, cause I can't find a PDF w/ a vector version of their logo in it ANYWHERE, they're all fuzzy images like they weren't created in Illustrator.

Anyone done these before and found that logo? I'd like them to look nice if I can work it out instead of just using basic text.

ionsigns

vectored from scratch - downloaded Lowes® logo in vector free from web.

Approximately 20 minutes. Not perfect. Doesn't have to be. Less time than asking for help.

I searched for TOOLBOX FOR EDUCATION LOWES images and saved their bitmap logo. Locked image in Corel and went to town creating vector type on a new layer.

The only thing that is not a common typeface to be created is the black toolbox handle. Snap a couple of Bezier curves on one half of the bitmap. Copy/mirror/weld/done. The Lowe's logo is readily available in vector free on the internet.

That's how to get work done without asking for help.

Attachments

• lowes.jpg
    lowes.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 67

iSign

well, you're new here still.. around here, we like helping, so asking for help, and then making money getting your other clients needs met & then checking back here before reinventing the wheel is how to get things done without being a DIY freak to the point of wasting time. (which, as you can see, actually worked 2 hours before you drew yours)

(don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed your posts & consider you a asset to this community, but I'm as opinionated as the next guy... so there's my opinion on the topic of asking for help)

iSign

yeah... but...

if you are ever really busy, and you are about to spend 20 minutes vectorizing some corporate logo you should have been provided... toss up a friendly inquiry here, go back and tackle another job & check back... chances are you can save 20 minutes to spend here goofing off

TheSnowman

Yup, that's exactly what I needed! I looked through every PDF (I thought) that Lowes had out there. I just wasn't gonna spend any more time on it since it's a donation for the school. Thanks again!

TheSnowman

And just FYI, I don't need to be "shoved out of the nest"...I know I can make more money doing production than design, so I generally sub out design and retracing, and do what makes me money instead.