• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lower Back bearing raceway on VJ1614

bendeane

Does anybody have a trick to thoroughly clean the bottom back bearing raceway? I can remove the back cover and get the upper back raceway, but that lower back raceway is a pain to get to and I'm wondering if I'm not cleaning and lubricating it very well...

I'm getting some noise and everything seems to be in order with the motor (it's less than 2 months old) and the metal band. I think the rear bottom raceway just isn't getting the maintenance it needs for the bearings to run across it smoothly.

Thanks,
Ben

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't know if this is a good way but;
What I do for the lower back rail is to bend the head of a foam swab so it looks like one of those dental mirrors they stick in your mouth, soak it in alcohol hook it up under there and the use my pinkie finger to press the free end into the race. Go back and forth until I get a clean swab pass and then do the same with some light oil.

wayne k
guam usa

I do at least 1 machine a week. This is often the most neglected area. I use a lint free cloth (poly wipe) with alcohol. I use my little finger and tear up the nuckel skin. I then use my little finger to lube it with Mutoh grease. I have tried the swab and it just doesnt get everything clean.