• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LT/RT Pinchroll error/Invalid sheet/0.00" etc.

IsItFasst

Okay so I have started seeing numerous errors (see title) when starting the machine the last few days. Normally a few lifts off the lever to reset will get things going. Though sometimes it takes 10+ times for it to read the sheet size. Seems to be getting worse. What I have noticed is that sometimes it won't even go to the left pinchroller before it turns around and goes back to its base. Other times I noticed right before it gets back to the right one it will almost stop then continue. Other times it acts normal and then read 0.00" on the screen. Once the machine gets reading correctly I don't have any issues until I turn the machine off and let it set for a few hours or overnight then the issues start again.

I have owned this machine for probably 6-8 years and been on this board for who knows how long so I know most people will say to replace the long cut carriage cable which I have done a time or two in the past. Do these symptoms sound right for that replacement? And why do these go bad so quickly (if that is my problem)? I know I just replaced this cable not much longer than a year ago. And this machine normally only does small decals so it doesn't see a lot of use. Probably averages only a few square feet a day. I have the parts ordered so I can replace it...just not looking forward to the job. And then doing it again here in a year or two.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The issue you described is usually fixed by replacing the cut tool carriage cable. It's a fairly common issue as those machines age.