• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Luggage Tag Printing

tagprinter

Hello Everyone,

I have a small side-business designing and printing stickers, and I'm trying to expand my product line. I'd like to sell luggage tags with the same designs. My target market is the travel industry.

I know there are plenty of "ID tag" printers on the market (Evolis, Zebra, etc), but these typically only accept the CR-80 size PVC card (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to print on a card that more resembles a luggage tag—not a credit card in size. Ideally, the printer would accept cards with dimensions around 4" by 2.125" plus/minus. I need full color capability with crisp resolution i.e. 300dpi or more. I'm printing less than 1000 cards per month and a one-sided machine would probably be fine.

I could really use some help with this. Thanks for taking the time to read.
-tagprinter

kanini

Roland LEF-12 tabletop flatbed prints on a lot of substrates aswell as any size you cut your cards to, so perhaps if you also have other applications it could be a good machine for you?

sneakers

For less than $1000 you can get into dye sublimation. You can do far more than luggage tags. Full unlimited color and 300 dpi. I do luggage tags using this method.

Gary

BESTBLANKS

Sublimation Printing

Hello Everyone,

I have a small side-business designing and printing stickers, and I'm trying to expand my product line. I'd like to sell luggage tags with the same designs. My target market is the travel industry.

I know there are plenty of "ID tag" printers on the market (Evolis, Zebra, etc), but these typically only accept the CR-80 size PVC card (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'd like to print on a card that more resembles a luggage tag—not a credit card in size. Ideally, the printer would accept cards with dimensions around 4" by 2.125" plus/minus. I need full color capability with crisp resolution i.e. 300dpi or more. I'm printing less than 1000 cards per month and a one-sided machine would probably be fine.

I could really use some help with this. Thanks for taking the time to read.
-tagprinter

Hi, perhaps we can be of help. Dye sublimation is ideal for creating customer printed luggage tags as well as many other popular products. Please see all the products you can create with dye sublimation printing here: http://www.bestblanks.com/subblanks.html

For complete dye sublimation printing solutions please see this page: http://www.bestblanks.com/sublimation.html

If we can be of further help please give us a call at 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thank you for your post!
www.BestBlanks.com