• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LX610 inks for LX850- alternatives?

flyplainsdrifta

just heard from one of our suppliers that hp is discoing their lx610 inks and heads for the lx850? Can anyone confirm? If so, I know this may be a long shot, but are there any 3rd party suppliers for it? Thanks all!

flyplainsdrifta

so it looks as though hp is discontinuing all 1st gen latex supplies and parts in december of this year. STOCK UP WHILE YOU CAN!

nate

From the horses mouth: An email sent to suppliers on 11 January clearly states that it is the 600 series of ink, not the 610 series of ink that will be discontinued at the end of January 2019, with last call being December 15, 2018. Most people with that machine upgraded to the 610 inks which will still be around (although, according to the same email, will see a 5-10% increase in price, starting 11 February 2018).

The discontinuation of the generation 1 latex ink (the 600 series for the LX800/850) is also bad news for owners of the L25500 machines as they use the same ink.

flyplainsdrifta

Okay good. My supplier mustve gotten it the inkset wrong. Thank you very much for clarifying nate
From the horses mouth: An email sent to suppliers on 11 January clearly states that it is the 600 series of ink, not the 610 series of ink that will be discontinued at the end of January 2019, with last call being December 15, 2018. Most people with that machine upgraded to the 610 inks which will still be around (although, according to the same email, will see a 5-10% increase in price, starting 11 February 2018).

The discontinuation of the generation 1 latex ink (the 600 series for the LX800/850) is also bad news for owners of the L25500 machines as they use the same ink.

nate

You're welcome. We've hung on to our 850 for a long time. It still chugs along as good as the day we got it. Our 3000 and 3500 do most of the work, but it can turn out banner with the best of them.