• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LX850 and SOLID COLORS!!!

enis1986

Good morning guys, we just recently bought a lx850 and i cannot print solid colors, unless its yellow or black, without getting heat marks every once in a while and banding. I have called techs from HP and outside techs and they say nothing is wrong with it it is just the "nature of the beast". But we have 2 L26500 and they print solid colors really good. Is anybody else having any problems with the solid colors on the lx850? i tried slower passes and messing with the temperature but it does not seem to phase it all.

chafro

What are you printing on? What profiles are you using? Did you made your own ink limits and restrictions?

From my short expirience with the LX the profiles that come with the LX850 are not very good, you have to make you own. It's not like the L26500 wich have very good generic profiles.

enis1986

We print a lot on 3M180CV3 and Avery 1305, I did make my own profile because I cannot find a 3M profile with the 610 ink that lx uses. The ink limit I have set is 400%, HP told me keep it at that percentage. Yes you are right L26500 generic profiles are really good.

chafro

You printing 100? 150? 250? Density. You can't print 250 with 400 limits its way to much ink.

I wouldn't listen to HP and print your advanced ink limit file and look for those defects, they might be there, you got nothing to lose. For what I see you are at 100% in restrictions ( this is controlled on the printer not in the RIP) and 400 in limits, might be to much ink?

enis1986

Oh I forgot to write yes I am at 100 restrictions, I am also going to make a new profile and lower the ink limit and check it out.