• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lxi 8 Across Network

H

hilleyja

Hi All,

Really new here so bear with me.

I have Lxi8 and have actually tried to ask Signwarehouse this question -- they blew me off but telling me its not possible and they would not attempt to determine whether it is or it is not. I don't know whether its just me but I was not impressed with their technical support right after I purchased my cutter and software -- they pretty much left it up to me to figure out the querks.

Back to the post!!!

I have 4 computers linked together using a wireless network. The cutter (EnduraCut 24) is connected (serial-to-USB adapter) to the computer in my workshop. The USB dongle for Lxi8 is also connected to the computer in the workshop. The Project Manager is installed and running on the workshop computer. I also have Lxi8 and Corel X3 installed on my main computer. My problem is, how do I access the Project Manager from my main computer? What I mean is after I create the graphic I want to cut and then select the cutter it asks me were the Project Manager is and nothing I do gives it connectivity to the Project Manager on the workshop computer. It even asks me if it is installed on another computer on the network, which I select is the case -- it still does not recognize it. On-th-other-hand, I have no problem running Lxi8 on the main computer with the dongle on the workshop computer as long as the Project Manager is running on the work shop computer; this is strange because this tells me Lxi8 does detect the Project Manager or it wouldn't let me run the software on the main computer. For now I can create the graphic from Lxi8 on the main computer, save it to the disk drive on the workshop computer and then run Lxi8 on the workshop computer to access the Project Manager.

One might ask why this is important to me! My main computer is an HP Media Center PC with an Intel Core Dual 6400 processor, 2Mbytes of RAM, and 500GBytes of Hard Drive space and a high-end 3D graphics card. The computer in the workshop is much older, an AMD 733Mhz processor with 512MByte of memory and a 120GByte hard drive. Running Lxi8 and/or Corel X3 on the main computer is significantly faster than running the same on the workshop computer. Plus, the workshop is a detached building 50' from the main house where the main computer is.

I hope I got my question across correctly.

BTW, if Signwarehouse is looking at this post -- know I have avoided your tech support because of my original LACK-OF-SUPPORT. If they have finally worked out their problems and are ready to provide support let me know.

Techman

know I have avoided your tech support because of my original LACK-OF-SUPPORT.

ITs no skin ofa their nose.. Tech support costs money.. and you aint using it up.. Now if you didnt purchase any more goodies then ath would cause a small itch..