• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help LXi Bleed

Kvg

Hey guys im new here, i started printing in January of this year and im finally getting everything down-pat, i purchased my stuff from signwarehouse which was a mistake on my part, i paid for their gold level support and well the only thing gold about it is the price, like the title says im trying to figure out how to set a bleed my friend who owns a franchise told me that it would solve most of my problems with when contour cutting i wont get a little bit of white around the image, ive called signwarehouse about it but can never get anyone to call me back and the articles they send me have nothing to do with what im trying to do. Im wondering if anyone who is using LXi 12 could help me with this or help me figure a way to do it, ive tried adding an outline at like "0.010 in" then on the contour cut doing "-0.009" and i still end up with a bit of white showing. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Jburns

Hello and welcome.
I think your contour and bleed are much too close. What cutter and printer are you using?
You can Private message me the file, as well as .eps or PDF and I will take a look. I have Flexi 11 and I think LXi is based off of it.

Kvg

Hello and welcome.
I think your contour and bleed are much too close. What cutter and printer are you using?
You can Private message me the file, as well as .eps or PDF and I will take a look. I have Flexi 11 and I think LXi is based off of it.
It’s not just one specific file it’s everything I contour cut as for a bleed that’s what I’m trying to figure out, it coulda been my wording but I have no bleed at all as I don’t know how to set one, my friend said he has an option that he can set on but I haven’t been able to find it on LXi, so I’ve just been using the work around of adding an outline and that gets to be a pain some times also I have a vinyl express q54 cutter and prisimjet Vj54 which I’m told is a Mutoh rebranded for signwarehouse