• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lxi, graphtec ARMS question.??

EZAMORA

Hi every one!! I was just wondering.. i have a Graphtec fc7000-75 and well i was trying to figure out that ARMS thing.. signwarehouse sold me the plotter with that VE lxi master +.. I been trying to print and cut out but i dont know where to start?? Im thinking that VE lxi master + dont work witht that ARMS. It would really tick me off if it wont work.I know that Roland comes with the software to do that and well graphtec dont... am I right.. If VE Lxi master + does work please let me know... it will be a lot of help

mladams7259

Need more info to help you.......

What are you printing with?
Are you printing registration marks when you print?
Do you know what "THAT ARMS" thing is for?
What have you tried thus far?
What are those results?

TexasBob

LXi is basically the lower end version of Flexi, designed spefically for cutters. So no, you will not be able to contour cut using LXi. There is, however, a work around if you have the right software. Graphtec has plugins for CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator. You can contour cut using either plugin, I believe. Check the graphtec site for the manuals on how to install the plugins and how to do the contour cutting - it should have manuals for both of them there I think.

JBarraxSW

Texas Bob is correct. LXI is not designed to support digital print applications. The simplest way to do this is to use FlexiPro which drives Graphtec's automatic ARMS system.
The sales consultant from whom you purchased your plotterr packages should have recommended this if he or she knew you planned to use the plotter to do contour cutting. I appologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please give us a call so we can get you the software you need to do this efficiently.

Jerry Barrax
Equipment Sales Director
SIGNWarehouse.com