• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LXi issue

blackicefx

I have VE LXi Master+ 7.5v5 running on my machine running my cutter. I recently haven't been able to import or open ANY files with it. I try opening AI and PDFs and I get a PDF import error. I try importing files AI, EPS, and PDF and I get a PDF import error. Any ideas? I hae a logo I need to cut and I really don't want to have to recreate it in LXi.

Thanks,
Matthew
BlackIceFX

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Chances are it's versions that are too high for your LXI to open. Try opening a known to be good EPS or AI file. If that works, then I'm probably right. You're welcome to email me the file and I will attempt to open it.

blackicefx

That sounds quite feasible... I just recently switched to CS3. When using CS2, I could open and import just fine. Lemme see if saving as a CS2 file will help any... even still, you'd think converting to a pdf would work but *shrug*

Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

Matthew
BlackIceFX

dbenec

i have had the best luck opening ai files in LXi after exporting them back to ai3.

not cs3...... all the way back to legacy ai3

S

Sign-Man Signs

Basically a communist plot to over throw the country...Or get you to up-grade your software at a substantial price. Fred is spot on.