• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help LXi pro software

sean franklin

Looking for some software help? How to clean up jagged edges on an svg file? Also been having some issues lately after downloading purchased svg files, then importing into work space they are all scrambled? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

sean franklin

Attachments

• IMG_20191225_111350980.jpg
    IMG_20191225_111350980.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20191223_153217985.jpg
    IMG_20191223_153217985.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 260

WildWestDesigns

One thing I always have to wonder when it comes to SVGs, is where were those SVGs generated and if the SVGs have other XML info that the program can't handle.

Awhile back there was a question about a RIP and SVG files and if those files were generated via Inkscape, it has to be Plain SVG, not Inkscape SVG (and the only differences is the XML markup in the file itself).

So with the above situation, I would have to wonder about the program's import filter and what it can or can't accept.

Now, it is possible that these files are also malformed in some way. If you haven't used these files in other programs, I would bring the SVG files in another program, design program. If you don't have one, get Inkscape to view it and see if those lines are still present.

Now, you can also open up the SVG file in a text editor and see what the version number is. 1.1 has been around for a very long time, but we do have 2.x now since 2016, I think that's when that standard reached RC. That could also be a source of some contention. Attached is a picture of an SVG file opened in an IDE and the version is on line 17.

Attachments

• XML.png
    XML.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 119