Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LXI Software question....

Discussion in 'General Software' started by SouthboundDesign, Mar 20, 2005.

1. SouthboundDesign

SouthboundDesign New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    I just got my Panther 24 in and I am working on a car graphic for a Honda civic.

My design:
    All the design is done in illustrator. The design is a straight line that breaks apart as it goes back. The design is black and I used a white block shape to (delete) create the spaces as the line breaks apart and the end.

My issue:
    So as I bring the file into LXI I have the white blocks as shapes and it does not allow me to cut as if the white blocks where just punch outs of the black line.

My question:
    In LXI how do I punch out/ knock out the white (shpaes) with out having to redo the design as single black shapes?

I hope someone can understand what I am asking.

Thanx-
    Anthony "ACE" Cox
    Southbound Mobile Graphics

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    In Flexi you would perform a "Cutout" command. I believe you software is a private label version of Flexi.

I don't have my Flexi available where I'm at so from memory and based on your description:

1. Select all the white blocks and compound them (Control + M). Deselect.

2. Selection order determines what will be cutout, so follow this sequence. If you get the wrong result, Undo (Control + Z) and select again in the opposite order. Select the black shape and then select the white shapes. Execute a Cutout command. If the result is correct and the white blocks do not automatically delete themselves, delete them manually.

3. SouthboundDesign

SouthboundDesign New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanx for your help that was all that I needed. The design came out great. I will post a picture as soon as I install the design.

Anthony "ACE" Cox
    Southbound Mobile Graphics
    Baton Rouge, LA

4. CDC Graphics

CDC Graphics Member

Mar 13, 2006
    LXi question.

I have VE LXi Master+7.5v5 and I need to weld this image. I go through the steps but it doesn't work. The horse needs to be cut out with the diamonds but it doesn't work when I send it.
    Can anyone help me!!??
    Thanks.

Answered my own question. It would do a cut out with an outline. Hmm...:help:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006