• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lynda.com

TheSellOut

I was curious if anyone here has been a member of Lynda.com, or any other design software training sites for that matter, and would like to share your experiences with them.

Personally I want to advance my design skills in the Adobe CS and a year membership seems like it might be worth a shot. The program I use everyday and am most proficient at is AI, but know there are more advanced features that I would like to hone in on...and the same in PS which I hardly use anymore. I really need to learn more in InDesign and what I have never really touched on that I would like to try and learn is motion graphics (Flash) and Web design.

Thanks for any feedback!

WildWestDesigns

I was curious if anyone here has been a member of Lynda.com, or any other design software training sites for that matter, and would like to share your experiences with them.

Personally I want to advance my design skills in the Adobe CS and a year membership seems like it might be worth a shot. The program I use everyday and am most proficient at is AI, but know there are more advanced features that I would like to hone in on...and the same in PS which I hardly use anymore. I really need to learn more in InDesign and what I have never really touched on that I would like to try and learn is motion graphics (Flash) and Web design.

Thanks for any feedback!

I use Lynda.com and think that it is worth every penny of it. I rarely use PSE 7, I use Ai a whole lot. Although I'm thinking about getting the new CS5 Suite as I have had people wanting me to do more and more for them, so I need more in my "arsenal" then just Elements and Ai.

Personally, I think it's worth it.

phototec

Thanks for any feedback!

I have been to the Lynda training seminars and the Kelby seminars in the past all are great, but I find it hard to remember everything they try and teach you in a one day or two day seminar.

So, Now I invest in training DVD's, paid for once and you can use them over and over as often as needed on your schedule.

Out of all the different Adobe CS training DVD's I like Total Training series the best, I usually purchase the Value Bundle, like Adobe CS4 which I have now, I have not yet purchased the Adobe CS5 bundle yet, but will soon. The value bundle includes training DVD's for all the different applications that come with a particular Adobe CS suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat, etc.

I have the Adobe CS5 Master Collection, has several applications I don't use now, but I would like to learn, So I will be purchasing the Total Training CS5 Master bundle, just so I have the ability to learn some of the other applications like Adobe Premiere ans Adobe SoundBooth.

Here are some links.

Free Training Tutorials: http://www.totaltraining.com/videos/freetutorials.asp

Total Training also offers on-line training, you can sign up for a FREE 14 day trial to check it out before you subscribe: http://www.totaltraining.com/online/howitworks.asp

Total Training Adobe Products: http://www.totaltraining.com/prod/adobe/

schramm

I dont do the Lydia.com however I own all the dvds on Photoshop, Illustrator and Bridge and I have watched and practiced what they show and the DVDs are worth each and every cent! Very informative information and welly thought out and put together.

Bill Modzel

There are some great tutorials on Layers TV and Adobe TV, and the price is right also.
I am also a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals. It's $100 a year for their magazine subscription and full access to their website with all the tutorials and forums. Not cheap but a great value if you a PS nut.

SqueeGee

+1 for Lynda.com

I've been a member off and on for the last several years. When we have someone new or if I need to brush up on something, we'll join for a few months.

jc1cell

Love the site and training.

The little bit I know of web coding I learned with them. Currently training for Wordpress and Custom Themes. I have also looked into several of the Adobe CS training right on lynda.com and have learned new tricks with tools.

Don't think twice about it. It's a friendly approach to teaching.

jc