• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lynyrd Skynyrd

ThinkRight

Went to a braves game last night (damn Phillies)
Ok but boring game...
After the Game Lynyrd Skynyrd played !
They were damn good.
If anyone gets a chance they should go see them .

The original band is my favorite of all-time. The current group is nothing but a crappy cover band. It's sad to see Gary Rossington keep pimping himself out this way.

To put it in sign terms:

Orginal LS = Mike Stevens, Mike Jackson, etc.
Current LS = Flea market guy cutting stickers with 12" cricut.

WildWestDesigns

I have to agree that the original band was better (even though they were before my time, still had the tapes and then later on the CDs of the original band). I think it's what the 3rd or 4th version of LS now? Kinda like Foreigner it seems like.

OldPaint

i watched the BEACH BOYS...one nite on tv........mostly original guys.......cant expect 70 year old guys to sing like they did at 20)))))) same with LS.........
CHICAGO, 3 DOG NITE......is still as good as ever.

signguy 55

Saw Skynryd in '96 or 97 in Savannah with ZZ Top. Man when they dropped that 100' x 60' rebel flag down at the back of the stage. Of course someone hollered out "Free Bird" at about the second song of the set.

I agree that they are a shell of what they were, especially since Gary is the last surviving member. Might be proof of what hard living can do to your health.

Still remember where I was in '77 when I heard the plane crashed. Other southern groups like Molly Hatchet tried to copy them. but there will never be another one like 'em.

Border

I still like the new Skynyrd. Music/bands are a business, just like anything else and when you have something that makes truckloads of money, of course you want to keep it going, even if when you lose some team members as hard as that had to be. This is how these people make their living.

I had the privilege to open up for them at a big outdoor festival in 2004. It was a blast!

On another occasion, I actually got to sit in on keys and play Freebird for the encore song with the Jimmy Van Zant band, a cousin of Ronnie & Johnny.

:rock-n-roll: