• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lyson 2000 ink

jason91

Has anybody one here tried Nazdar's Lyson 2000 ink??? They have good prices? Just wondering if anybody has used it?

NZDR-Payne

If you just do a search for "Lyson" on this site you will get a wide range of unbiased opinions. If you would like to discuss further please let me know.

jason91

I have done a search....Not much on Lyson inks? Most 3rd party ink comments are on Solaris and Triangle

SEOR

Use them in my seiko. Good product. Have had some with bad chips, but they were replaced.

Lyson 2000 is all we use. We love it and the color profiling is exact to stock Roland ink. We have also had some with bad chips and it sucks because you have to re-prime the line when that happens.

Has anybody one here tried Nazdar's Lyson 2000 ink??? They have good prices? Just wondering if anybody has used it?
Quality of the prints themselves and switch over was good. I've had two larger prints that I lost when the cartiridge did not flag the printer and stop the print for the switch. They replaced the cartridge, said they would credit me but did not. The cartridge showed over 20% ink in Versaworks and went empty on us. Magenta goes a lot less farther than the Roland inks. Just had a real customer service debacle where we were dead in the water for 24 hrs+ due to a real mess up at Nazdar. I wound up driving to Proveer (hour each way) and picking up new Roland cartridge to get me back up. I think I will be using Roland again. Other shops in our group are trying 20/20 inks and I will wait to hear about that....

Typestries

Maybe it's because I buy A LOT of ink but Nazdar has always been awesome with us. Now, my comments are specifically about the bulk ink in jugs. They stock all my stuff at the local branch(about an hour from us) and have put backstock on our floor. Only one issue with a bad batch was resolved at a huge expense to them and with them bending over backwards to get us back up.

Getting ready to put it on a HP9k and a 10K as well. I'm doing so b/c the chip issues with megaink (which we otherwise like a lot) have become too much to put up with. It's at the point that I have to order 2 of every cart I need just in case. Fellers hasn't been helpful that much (understandable), and has sent me to MEga directly. To be fair, Mega has done a lot to be accommodating but it's clear they have an issue to fix. When I take the cart apart, it either has a seiko chip in a HP cart or the wrong color chip in it, someone's not paying attention when loading these things.

With regards to overloading the chips (or underloading the bags) that's not a big deal at least for us, it's when the wrong ship is in there rendering the cart useless from the start. With the kind of margins (profit) that exist in ink, there's no excuse for poor service.

jason91

But....can you take the chips off the OEM cartridges and use them on the 3rd party stuff??? Wouldn't that work?

sfr table hockey

But....can you take the chips off the OEM cartridges and use them on the 3rd party stuff??? Wouldn't that work?

This I'm not 100% sure but I think the chip has a date associated with it and when that chip is too old it won't work as the printer reads that date.

My old printers don't have chips so a lot less hastle with aftermarket ink.

d fleming

Quality of the prints themselves and switch over was good. I've had two larger prints that I lost when the cartiridge did not flag the printer and stop the print for the switch. They replaced the cartridge, said they would credit me but did not. The cartridge showed over 20% ink in Versaworks and went empty on us. Magenta goes a lot less farther than the Roland inks. Just had a real customer service debacle where we were dead in the water for 24 hrs+ due to a real mess up at Nazdar. I wound up driving to Proveer (hour each way) and picking up new Roland cartridge to get me back up. I think I will be using Roland again. Other shops in our group are trying 20/20 inks and I will wait to hear about that....

20/20 is a rebranded lyson cart. Grimco bought the reseller rights from nazdar when 11/10 went under.

Sublimefly

We've been running Lyson for a bit, color wise its a great cartridge. But we've had 6 cartridges in 3 different colors, and not a single one of them has flagged our Roland as empty. I wouldn't be so bothered by that if it wasn't for the fact that 2 of them ran out while we were closed for 2 days and ran out while we were gone. So some of our heads sat without ink for the weekend. The others ran out in the middle of prints sometimes costing us a rather large print in the process.