Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m stops printing half way through jobs

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by otown, Oct 22, 2010.

1. otown

otown New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I have been having this problem for about a week where magenta will slowly stop working in the middle of a job. When it does I run a cleaning and it comes back. When I look at the capping station right after a cleaning I can see the the magenta is kind of spilling over the side of the rubber seal. Do you think the capping station is my problem. I have already tried changing dampers and the problem still comes back.[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
    Tags:
  2. otown

otown New Member

Dec 8, 2009
  3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  4. g1sammons

g1sammons Member

Jan 29, 2008
    what kind of printer????????

5. otown

otown New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    the printer is a prismjet extra or falcon outdoor 46

6. bmatlock5

bmatlock5 Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Tennessee
    i had a similar problem after changing a cartridge and it took me running like five power cleans in a row, one right after another, to get it back

7. otown

otown New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I spoke to signwarehouse tech support and they told me to replace the damper and the o-ring, and that if it still didn't clear up the problem then it was probably a crack in the plastic nipple the damper connects to on the head. My question now is..... coulld I need try some sort of plastic sealer or something in the meantime while I am waiting for my new head>? or am I nuts