• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

M3000 Router: Issues with 1/8 Chuck Recognition

AdamLSimmons

We have the M3000 and have been using it for the last 4 months. We are finally getting into using the routing application. Everything is set up on it EXCEPT.... We cannot get the hand controller to show the 1/8" chuck as a tool option. It shows up in FRONTEND but when we send it to the table, the hand controller reads "no tool". The tech was here and had it working, but he entered something into the ini file. Since he has left, we have not been able to get it to work.
Suggestions?

Tony Teveris

Adam, I think you should call Customer Support and they can walk you through the process to correct it. Are you using FrontEnd or ArtPATH?

Each tool has an assigned UID (universal id). Many setups on the ccontrol side only allow the UIDs of the tools they have so then if you select a different tool in FrontEnd or ArtPATH with an assigned UID that was not enabled in the controller the error meaasge occurs, at least this is my understanding of the problem.

particleman

There is a procedure to add a new tool. There are several steps and if you haven't done it before as Tony suggested, call customer support. I have the reference doc showing how to do it if you want it. Just pm me your email.

If you are using frontend you should consider moving to artpath.

AdamLSimmons

Thank you for both of your timely responses. I will be talking to Gerber support today. I'll post the process if it is straight forward.