• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

[MA] Experienced vinyl sign fabricator wanted

mjkjr

"Full" description and application form found here: https://shirtsandsigns.us/careers/, I will also accept DM's to this account as inquiries as well.

I'm not great at writing job descriptions, but I'm basically looking for someone with experience and ability to do the following:

- Follow shop procedures
- Reading a work-order to understand individual job requirements
- Running a CAD-cut vinyl plotter
- Running a wide-format printer/cutter (Roland SP-300v)
- Cold-Laminating vinyl (Dage)
- Weeding vinyl
- Cutting substrates using a circular saw without injuring yourself
- Applying vinyl to flat signage
- Apply vinyl to vehicles, including compound curves
- Install signs on-site (with company vehicle for transportation)
- Any wood or painting experience a plus but not required (and a plus if you're willing to learn)

You need to be physically able to do the job and the production area is upstairs (one flight) so you'll need to be able to bring a sheet of substrate up the stairs either by yourself for lighter stuff or with help for heavier stuff. You also need to be able to bring the completed signage back down the stairs similarly.

This is all stuff I currently do myself. I'm looking to delegate sign making and installation so that I can focus more on doing sales and client communications to bring in the work and keep the work we have moving without having to constantly switch between that and production work.

We're a very small shop and it's somewhat laid-back (though we do our work and hit our deadlines, but I work hard to properly estimate turn-around times and set realistic client expectations up front).

The ideal candidate will be someone with some experience doing most or all of the above and who is intelligent enough to know how to problem solve when necessary (and learn from mistakes when they happen and not repeat them).

Pay is based on experience and performance, competitive for our area.

I'm happy to answer any questions that I haven't thought to address here yet.

Thanks for looking!