Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Mac or Microsoft

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Marshallmax, May 23, 2020.

1. Marshallmax

Marshallmax Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Ohio
    Hard to find any concrete answers. For graphic design is Mac or Microsoft better? I had a MacBook Pro and couldn’t get adobe downloaded because I had a “case sensitive volume” and just gave up.

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    That's because it's going to be a huge amount of preference with a little bit of it depends on what platform the other software you need is on. Sometimes they are specific to one platform or the other. Sometimes have to worry about hardware drivers available for your platform of choice versus the other.

As to your error, it's possible that your drive is formatted as Mac OS Extended. But that is just me speculating.

3. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    where you trying to load the software on an external drive? Personally never saw this error before unless a thumb drive or external drive is being used.

4. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Either. Macs used to have graphic design sewn up but now you can do just as well on Windows.

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    To the OP: I have both and my preference is for Macs. Especially after having to upgrade my RIP server to Win 10. No problems with XP Pro or Win 7 Pro but this Win 10 stuff? Really not a fan.

You could spend endless hours debating the merits of each system. Boils down to what works for you. Simple as that.

6. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    My PC has been great for graphics. Dell XPS i7. No slowdowns no chocks (of course the exception is when I get a 2 gb layout from an ad agency that tries to kill illustrator) thats another story. Other than that PC for me

7. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I design on Mac and tend to just get a PC Rip station as we tend to upgrade those more often. Just load a drive between the two and save it as a shortcut.

if I HAD to, I would be happy working on either. Both do what they need to.

• Agree Agree x 1