Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac SignCut software

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Johnny Best, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I realize most on here run Windows base cutting software on your vinyl plotters.
    Been running SignCut software for over 5 years on my Summa and it works really well. You do your layouts in Illustrator and then SignCut plots and cuts it. Had paid for 3 years (its cloud base) and it was priced reasonable but had to renew and one year was $135, a major price increase.
    My question is, is there Mac software out there that I can buy and move to that will do a good job or am I stuck with what I have. Maybe WildWest knows some Open Source software.

Tags:
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  2. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I wish I had purchased the lifetime license a few years ago. I think they offered it for around $350. Instead , I purchase a new license every year.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    For plotters, the one that comes to mind is Inkcut. Can be a stand alone or use as a plugin in Inkscape.

Make sure to look at supported devices to see if it is officially supported. May still work even if it isn't listed, but check first to be sure. It has good Roland support and that's what I have, but I saw Summa and Mutoh listed on devices had (no specific models) on your profile, so I couldn't check on that.

On Linux, even though there aren't any drivers for cutting directly (pretty much like on a Mac as well), there are extensive ways of configuring your printer settings (all via GUI) that will enable cutting directly using the print function of a program. Well, let's just say that it works on Roland as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    "Coulda Shoulda Woulda" I thought the same thing but its to late now.If you find something new instead of SignCut keep me in mind.
    I am going through Open Source to see if there is something. I'm good for a year.

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Does summa not have an illustrator plug in?

6. aparat

aparat New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Slovenia
    Macsign cut is free for summa users, at least the light version.. i run winplot on my mac with parallels desktop, works great

7. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I have not been able to find one. I really don't like sign lab and need to find something to replace it with when I have the time.