• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac SignCut software

Johnny Best

I realize most on here run Windows base cutting software on your vinyl plotters.
Been running SignCut software for over 5 years on my Summa and it works really well. You do your layouts in Illustrator and then SignCut plots and cuts it. Had paid for 3 years (its cloud base) and it was priced reasonable but had to renew and one year was $135, a major price increase.
My question is, is there Mac software out there that I can buy and move to that will do a good job or am I stuck with what I have. Maybe WildWest knows some Open Source software.

WildWestDesigns

Maybe WildWest knows some Open Source software.

For plotters, the one that comes to mind is Inkcut. Can be a stand alone or use as a plugin in Inkscape.

Make sure to look at supported devices to see if it is officially supported. May still work even if it isn't listed, but check first to be sure. It has good Roland support and that's what I have, but I saw Summa and Mutoh listed on devices had (no specific models) on your profile, so I couldn't check on that.

On Linux, even though there aren't any drivers for cutting directly (pretty much like on a Mac as well), there are extensive ways of configuring your printer settings (all via GUI) that will enable cutting directly using the print function of a program. Well, let's just say that it works on Roland as well.

Johnny Best

I wish I had purchased the lifetime license a few years ago. I think they offered it for around $350. Instead , I purchase a new license every year.

"Coulda Shoulda Woulda" I thought the same thing but its to late now.If you find something new instead of SignCut keep me in mind.
I am going through Open Source to see if there is something. I'm good for a year.

aparat

I realize most on here run Windows base cutting software on your vinyl plotters.
Been running SignCut software for over 5 years on my Summa and it works really well. You do your layouts in Illustrator and then SignCut plots and cuts it. Had paid for 3 years (its cloud base) and it was priced reasonable but had to renew and one year was $135, a major price increase.
My question is, is there Mac software out there that I can buy and move to that will do a good job or am I stuck with what I have. Maybe WildWest knows some Open Source software.

Macsign cut is free for summa users, at least the light version.. i run winplot on my mac with parallels desktop, works great