• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mac tac 6398 metallic enhancers

Ataneau

looking to see if anyone has used this overlaminate film yet and how well it works or looks. looking to wrap a car and unsure if its the real deal and if it matters what vinyl it can go with.

bfranzen

The MACtac Enhancers can be used for car wraps, but they are recommended for moderate curves. If you have a complex car wrap they might not work as well. They are thicker than standard wrap laminates.
They are only warranted on MACtac wrap vinyls, GV929 or JT5529Pro, but probably work on others.

Letterbox Mike

We've used a bit of the silver metallic recently. I can't speak to long-term durability, but we've printed a few wraps for other shops and also did a couple for our own customers. Looks amazing, makes anything metallic (obviously). It is a bit thicker at 3 mil so it doesn't stretch or conform quite as well as a 2 mil cast laminate but it's not significantly harder to install. We didn't push it too hard, I'd suspect it would present some challenges on some really extreme compound curves though.

Beyond just using this as a wrap laminate you can create some really cool "spot varnish" effects on other sign projects as well. We did a flat Dibond panel for a customer with a matte finish (printed on our flatbed) and we overlaid the metallic gloss laminate over just their logo and some accents and it really made the sign stand out.

artofacks1

Any chance I can buy about a 13" x a yard of if from you ?

I have a small project but do not need that much to buy an entire roll.

We've used a bit of the silver metallic recently. I can't speak to long-term durability, but we've printed a few wraps for other shops and also did a couple for our own customers. Looks amazing, makes anything metallic (obviously). It is a bit thicker at 3 mil so it doesn't stretch or conform quite as well as a 2 mil cast laminate but it's not significantly harder to install. We didn't push it too hard, I'd suspect it would present some challenges on some really extreme compound curves though.

Beyond just using this as a wrap laminate you can create some really cool "spot varnish" effects on other sign projects as well. We did a flat Dibond panel for a customer with a matte finish (printed on our flatbed) and we overlaid the metallic gloss laminate over just their logo and some accents and it really made the sign stand out.