• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MAC Users ? ? ?

Replicator

Why do I continually get these popups on my screen and how can i stop them ?

They always ask different thing that I am not familiar with as a new Mac user and I never know whether to allow or deny.

WTF:banghead:

Attachments

• why.jpg
    why.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 108

BobbyFosson

I believe 'locationd' is part of the GPS technology as used in the iphone and ipod touch.

Which may also have something to do with the time settings - grabbing from server

graphixtogo

This is the firewall inside osX alerting you to a program that is tring to make an outside connection. If you select "Forever" then okay, it won't ask you about that connection again.
Usually, if they have "apple.com" in the message, they are okay to allow forever. If you question the validity of the connection, you can copy the text of the message and Google it. You'll find out whether it is trustable or not.

GK

Its part of the CoreLocation service. You can block it if you would like, but because of several new GPS technologies, Google Latitude, MobileMe, and other location awareness like apps Apple jumped on the bandwagon to make it easier for those companies looking to utilize this technology. Granted if your running a desktop it shouldn't have to keep polling the location, but for laptops, obviously it will change frequently.

speedmedia

hmmm. Been an Apply user for over 10 years and have never seen that before.

I agree though, seems to be annoying!

Thanks,
Kurt

Rooster

Looks like you could be running a copy of "little snitch". It pops those windows up and asks you what to do any time an application tries to connect with the internet.

Wags

What ProColor said! I have used both Mac and PC and at times still forced to use PC's. I'll take Macs anytime. Happy to see other Mac users here.