• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Machine for CYMK printing ice scrapes?

rudeez

Hi.

Dunno about the translation of ice scrapers but i'll just go on and hope you get me right.

So, our company got an order for 1 million ice scrapes with cymk digital print on it. Currently the machines here are just some plotters and a gerber edge 2.
So this might be just the right oppertunity to invest in a machine for this kind of jobs. Ice scrapers, pencils and so on.
I've read and heard about digital automatic pad printers where you can just fill like a mag with let's say 500 ice scrapers at a time and it printes for itself on and on..

I have no clue what these printers are called, all i can imagine is these normal flatbed printers but..

I need to create about 1000 ice scrapers /h to keep the time limiot on this.

Anyone who can help me out with some brands and models for this purpose?

I have experience with a 8 color pad printer since before wich you manually feeded after each program run with whatever you printed, this is not an option for this job tho, there must be some machines out there for this kind of jobs.

//Jimmie

royster13

A job like this would typically be done on an offset press....And if you have a spare $1 1/2 million you can buy a machine of your own....

RoCo

First thing I thought was some kind of jig created for a CMYK pad printer. If that doesn't apply to this job, I don't have a clue. Sorry.

SignManiac

Depending on the height of the scrapers, it might be possible to print them on a flatbed. You would need a positioning jig to set them into. On my machine you can print up to 2-3/4" thick material. I've been told you can print logo's with it if you have a jig for the golf balls. I've never tried it although I'm tempted to one of these days.

I would imagine there are easier ways to print on your scrapers though. Screen printing comes to mind during the manufacturing process is used with most products that are labeled.

mac_man_luke

1 million surely is way out of the digital market

Pad or screen printing would be the only way imo

With that qty it would almost be best to get the manufacturer of the scrapers to print them (especially if made in china)