• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Machine set up...

mustafade

Hi ya'll,

I am trying to pick ya'll's brains little bit.

The artwork is nothing but a solid piece of color which is PMS 2617 and the dimension of it is going to be 42"x96".
Earlier last week I did a small swatch print (3"x7") to my customer and it appeared to that there was a little banding going on.
I am going to be printing on Orajet 3551 RA and was wondering how you would set your machine for this mainly I am interested to find out the feed compensation and dry time and degrees.

I would appreciate for any inputs,

CanuckSigns

if it's just for one job, would it make more sense to just run the job in a slower, high quality mode to avoid banding? It's slower printing, but probably still faster than farting around with the setup

WrapperX

It maybe cheaper per this one job but you will need to solve the banding issue eventually so might as well get it done. Besides this would be considered more or less user interface with the machine - not necessarily billable time to a specific job.
As a printer operator you should be familiar with your device. Play with it in between jobs to find its optimal settings, tweek its settings so that it puts out the best possible print quaility. Media comp is one of those tweekable settings

mustafade

I took little bit of everyone's advice. I ran it on 6 pass mode 540x1080 it run immaculate after adjusting the media setting of course.

Because of ya'll's help now I have better understanding of the JV33 functionalities.
:U Rock: