• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Macintosh Sign calculating software.

Vision Artworks

Any suggestions for a good sign calculating software program that runs on a Macintosh? I have seen a lot that work only on PC's. Any help? I work on a Mac G5.

Vision Artworks

I checked out GraphixCalc and Estimate and other software but none of them are native to Macintosh. I need a sign estimation software that runs on a Macintosh.

OhioSignShop

we set up QuickBooks (Mac) years ago with all line items needed for our operaton and it is working great for us. Never tried a dedicated "sign estimator". Seems too many local and even personal variables to work very well. Estimation is not just pulling numbers but having the knowledge to see problems in advance etc. etc. and I don't get that from my software but from experience. For example, how is a sign estimator know that the clients sign request will need 4 trips to City Hall, zoning board hearings and a variance to get approved?

WildWestDesigns

It's going to be hard to find dedicated business type software that runs on both PC and MAC. PC has long been the preferred computer for business type applications, just like MAC is for design. That has led to a lot of misconceptions with today's technology, but that's why I believe you are having a hard time finding one that has a version for the MAC OS as well.

If you are just bound and determined to have something like GraphixCalc etc on your MAC versus Excel or Quickbooks for MAC, then I would just run a virtual drive for the Windows OS and be done with it.

Bill Modzel

I did purchase an application called Quick Quote for the Mac.
http://www.colebrothers.com/signprice/
It's essentially a customized Excel Spreadsheat. I can't really give it a yea or nay as we are essentially a screen print oriented sign shop and although an estimating program may work for smaller quantities, once the numbers get up there a bit the ability to screen print signs throws the estimating formulas right out the window.

I imaging the the application could be tweaked to work in my situation but I am Excel illiterate and have no desire to go there. It's been a few years since I bought this so things may have changed since than.

Vision Artworks

Thanks for the input everyone. I am on the cusp of getting a new Mac so VM Fusion might be an option. I have Quickbooks and I use it for my screen printing but quote and invoicing for signs is a whole other animal. And Excel is pretty foreign to me at this point even though I have it. Guess I will just wait until I purchase the new Mac or get down and learn Excel.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
estimating for the Mac

Sign Tracker is 100% web based and works in well in most browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari....and IE for our PC friends!

You can try it free for 30 days - see our banner ad.

Joe

Any suggestions for a good sign calculating software program that runs on a Macintosh? I have seen a lot that work only on PC's. Any help? I work on a Mac G5.