Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macromedia Freehand 10 problem with multiple monitors

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bobby H, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    I don't know if there are any Freehand users on this forum, particularly any with knowledge of a peculiar problem I am having to troubleshoot. Not many people use Freehand, but I still like firing it up to do some nice color printing work since it has a fantastic print engine.

I loaded Freehand 10 on my Dell Dimension 9100 PC at work, which features two 19" monitors. I dragged the Freehand program window and some of its toolbars over to the second monitor. Now some of the main toolbars are stuck on the far left edge of the 2nd monitor. If I try to click on any of them to relocate them to the primary monitor they just disappear. This is a bit aggravating.

FH doesn't seem to have a preferences file (like that of Illustrator) I can trash to restore defaults. I gotta figure out something otherwise I'll just have to uninstall/reinstall.

Tags:
  2. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

I would uninstall/reinstall, I think your problem may just be a bad install.

3. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Not absolutely sure (from memory) if this is how ya do it but: did you try changing the defaults? Choose Edit>Preferences and the Documents tab. Default template for the work space setup is called Defaults.FT10. Nearly everything can be setup different. Create a new, untitled document. Setup workspace to your liking. Change anything ya want.Save As with a new name, like YournameDefaults.FT10. You should then be able in the same menu to instruct Freehand to launch with that setup template every time. Hopefully I at least got ya close to accomplishing this!

4. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    You might try the How forum Software and Hardware section, they are quite a few Freehand users over there....