• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Macromedia Freehand 10 problem with multiple monitors

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't know if there are any Freehand users on this forum, particularly any with knowledge of a peculiar problem I am having to troubleshoot. Not many people use Freehand, but I still like firing it up to do some nice color printing work since it has a fantastic print engine.

I loaded Freehand 10 on my Dell Dimension 9100 PC at work, which features two 19" monitors. I dragged the Freehand program window and some of its toolbars over to the second monitor. Now some of the main toolbars are stuck on the far left edge of the 2nd monitor. If I try to click on any of them to relocate them to the primary monitor they just disappear. This is a bit aggravating.

FH doesn't seem to have a preferences file (like that of Illustrator) I can trash to restore defaults. I gotta figure out something otherwise I'll just have to uninstall/reinstall.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Not absolutely sure (from memory) if this is how ya do it but: did you try changing the defaults? Choose Edit>Preferences and the Documents tab. Default template for the work space setup is called Defaults.FT10. Nearly everything can be setup different. Create a new, untitled document. Setup workspace to your liking. Change anything ya want.Save As with a new name, like YournameDefaults.FT10. You should then be able in the same menu to instruct Freehand to launch with that setup template every time. Hopefully I at least got ya close to accomplishing this!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
You might try the How forum Software and Hardware section, they are quite a few Freehand users over there....